Is there a warranty on new prelude?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Is there a warranty on new prelude?

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

What happens if I break the $1500 hull of the prelude in 3 months? 6 months? 12 months?
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Is there a warranty? Like... if I buy a prelude, and broke it at some point...would it be replaced after every breakage? ...How can I get THAT to happen?...if it isn't already offered that is
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Not sure why you'd by a new Prelude with the L'Edge on the market... seems more your type of boat.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

just go see the amish dude. no big deal, good as new.
Joe
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I'd ask a dealer who knows the current ins and outs... and may be the one lending you a hand with any warranty issues rather than posting it here, as you may get better (or at least more current) info.

That said, here's my experience:

Last time I bought a plastic boat new it was a trial (Wheelboy), so I don't recall a set warranty (though I think there was something for obvious blems... not that it matters now that Drakkar isn't in the US). Before that it was a Dagger.. but that was a blem and had a limited warranty.

I've never asked on my glass boats (Groove and Sith), but knowing the folks personally always felt they'd stand by their product if need be.
Keep the C!
Adam
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Make Friends

Post by horizongfx »

Make friends with someone who welds Plastic near you, it's not a matter of "if" you break a boat it's more likely "when" you Crack it.
Welding Poly is easy, it's removing all the dam Outfitting and Glue in said Damaged area that takes time !
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Dunno about the Esquif one's but The first one of my Pyranha's, which was a demo boat, lasted me 6 years. And I was hard on it.
PAC uses it now and he only had to weld it last year. The boat is still going. They are good stuff.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

yeah gonzo, but you're only gonzo. your not the knurlzzz. if you haven't noticed..He is super knurly :wink:

knarlz, what do you expect them to do? I would expect it to be covered under normal use. and what video i've seen of your boating, it's pretty normal.
Larry
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

nadda... we've seen your videos

:lol:

(we've = those of us on the internet)
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Yep I have Gonzo's Lude and she is going strong. Had to put a second weld on her this summer but that was after some seriously LF run down a rocky stretch.

Tommy email the Mfg and ask. From what I've heard about other models have out in the market ...they stand behind what they build.

That said - you will break it if your rock banging...but not nearly as soon as you would have with other material. So think of it as a chance to learn a new skill ... welding! :wink

I can hear the pain of that wallet opening from here but I think the Prelude is an excellent choice.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Larry and Smerda, I never said I run the knarlz :lol: . You don't have to run the knarlz to be hard on a boat :wink: . I would even go as far as making a case that not running the knarlz and beich incompeten and chicken instead is way harder on boats.
I do it by getting pinned, pitoning into stuff, going off line and plowing into rocks or chickening out on running the meat (which I am, as a vegetarian, not into anyway...) and decicing on bowncing down the shallow rocks on the side instead... :roll: :lol: ...

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Deleted by Poster
Last edited by Creeker on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Al
CBoats Addict

Post by Big Al »

Tommy,

Hv u tried a WOOZ? or, in your case, a ZOOM?

Big Al
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Hmm, maybe a BOON since it would be sideways most of the time?
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Let me google that for you:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=esquif+warranty

The thing to keep in mind- and what usually gets people upset when their warranty claim is denied, is that if YOU break your boat, it's not covered, only if your boat breaks because it's defective.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com