Handroll? (again)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Steffen

Handroll? (again)

Post by Steffen »

Anyone out there who can make it?
Today after 2h practising (one more time) it worked once with some extra float around the neck. I have no idea how to make it better.
The best version at the moment is with the body on the stern at the end of the roll.......
Thanks for any help in advance
Steffen
C1dawg

First pool handroll last nite

Post by C1dawg »

Did one on the river once when I lost my paddle and hadn't been able to do it since. In the pool I had to cheat a bit to get it; I got up some speed and went into a turn, leaned into the turn and pasted myself to the boat, the inertia brought me around into position and I snapped. It wasn't too pretty, but by the third time it was smoothing a bit and I was starting to impress myself. It'll be something to work on thru the winter. Still having trouble with the offside roll though.

Post by Guest »

try doing a roll starting on the back deck and sweeping forward. this usually works well for me. i stick my hands above my head, and make my body and arms one big "paddle." it also helps to fall over on your off side, and use the momentum to carry you through to the other side. it usually requires little feathering of the hands to get it up, but i my switch i could do 4 out of 5. i havent been so lucky in the t-2, but i can eventually get it up. hope this helps, and be ready to get a lot of water up your nose :D --- joey
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

I can handroll my Pyranha H2, and occasionally, my Necky Vibe. I've found that I do it best in a vertical body position, to slightly forward. The key is that once you're almost up, throw your offside hand out to help finish up the roll. It takes a lot of practice, and I still have occasional trouble when wearing gear. Good Luck
Tim
Steffen

Thanks

Post by Steffen »

Thanks for help
I´ll keep on practising in my T3.

Half the paddle, twice the man
or High seats, hard (hand)rolls :oops: