DOOLEY CLEANED LINVILLE

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

That's really cool, Dooley. I have wanted to do that run for years, but haven't gotten the chance. Maybe I'll move down there one day and that'll seal the deal? I've always been curious how it compares with Le Taureau (the river the boat was named after).

AB
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

I've always been curious how it compares with Le Taureau (the river the boat was named after).
The Taureau is more powerful than Linville with a lot of continuous hard rapids and hard must make moves. I remember Linville as having lots of horizon lines with many high ledges, waterfalls and boofs. Linville was about the most fun that I've ever had on a river.

Jim
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

I was in that area last week and went by Linville Falls (family trip - no boating). Did the run include the falls??? :o
Louie

Post by Louie »

I think they put on at the bottom of some falls? Did you one you look at look runable?
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

That is how Psycho, Jeff and Jim did the run. It used to be a 2 day trip
To give you some idea, it was a brutal day(s) of looking, probing and taking chances.

2 weeks later I was on a Green trip with Psycho, at 250%+ That was the weekend I fired up Gorilla and Sunshine, didn't even check up. Just bombed it no more looking and wondering what if. Linville gave me a new perspective on what's hard.

Congrads Dooley!
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Louie wrote:I think they put on at the bottom of some falls? Did you one you look at look runable?
I was just looking from the tourist overlooks there - multiple drops , some of which looked runnable, that last big drop I don't know. I had my 4 year old in tow so didn't take the long hike down to get a better look. I couldn't run it by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm just a class II/III boater so was just wondering if someone had run that.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

And, it's going to be in the next LVM, issue 32, "Summer."