I now am the

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

I now am the

Post by Louie »

owner of a banquit hall. A group of Canadian single stickers always come down in March, with all that floor space and indoor bathrooms should we have like a week long real boater convention? Being kinda in the middle between the smokies and the pleatue we sorta got about any class of boatin you could want. We could get his lardship Mr. Chris Kelly to set the meetin agendas and everyone could set their own boatin ones. We could set around drinkin and talk about how Gayakers sucks (not that is a bad thing for the women ones). Plan stragities how we could get a fair shake from the AWA,and other paddlin group who view us as an embarsement, see if some of the real boat manifactures might want to attend bring some demo boats. I've got some Kayaks we use for a bonfire ( no really I'd be happy to let you burn them), You Yankees on here should have bad cabin feavor by then and could use a few days away from the snow. We could call over to Jackson Kayak and invite EJ and see if he still know how to use a half of a paddle. Have a mini gear swap, the GDI group in Lenoir City has added quite a few new members, The one legged Texan will be in the middle of buildin his new house and will have a few Texan single stickers up here workin on it.Clinch River paddle company is still have his four year long goin out of business sale and you could drop off any paddles you need repaired or mail them ahead of time and pick them up. Nolan Whiteail live a few miles away he might come. Could be a party if we do it right. I know the bailbondsmen in town so that wouldn't be a problem. If you had to bring a gayakers, like maybe cause you married them or something no problem they could attend we just won't let them talk at the meetin.I'm on the parks and rec. committee in Lenoir City and we have a new indoor pool I could get for some roll session, Get Psycho, Eli, and Dooley to hold that class and I can show some of my proven swim techinics. Just a thought but you know there are worse things to do than spend a week in East Tennessee in March with a bunch of other open boater & C1'ers on some fine creeks and even big water runs like the Obed and BSF.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Sounds great

Post by Wendy »

Would be great if it wasn't the first "weak end' oh- I mean weekend so the gayaykers who race in Alabama could come.-oops
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Could be the Spring "Armada"? I could go for that... There are quite a few rivers and streams up that way I haven't gotten to...
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

Louie, great idea. I would certainly be in for that. :D I love the Tennessee rivers and it's been a long time since I've paddled that far south. :cry:

Jim M
Louie

come on down and

Post by Louie »

bring some friends, btw do they still make Genniess Cream Ale ( Green can ) if so I'd love to have some.
kneeler
C Guru

Post by kneeler »

I think it's a great idea but keep it quiet from the kayakers or they'll figure out we're up to something.
Louie

don't worry

Post by Louie »

they can't figure out how to get down the river with out a trainnin blade. We need to be thinkin about a teeshirt design Deadbolt here in Lenoir City will cut us a deal on doin them. Well have to have a mini film festival one night we have quite a collection of late seventy early 80's videos..
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

I'm in fer sure. Maybe

Post by ChrisKelly »

we can get a few more Missouri open boaters like Bdollar and Kanur. I can fit them in the back of the truck.

It might even be possible to hustle up a coupla Arkansas folks. Some of them are are the certified blowlogogolists.

Chris Kelly
pmp
CBoats Addict

SWEEET! open fest.

Post by pmp »

Hey Louie
I'd donate a cartoon for t-shirts. we could offer stickers for boats too! love to get down there for it...great idea.
later
Paul
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: SWEEET! open fest.

Post by Craig Smerda »

pmp wrote:Hey Louie
I'd donate a cartoon for t-shirts. we could offer stickers for boats too! love to get down there for it...great idea.
later
Paul
Of course if a suitable wave can be found Paul can give a boogie-board clinic as well.......... :D
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

I'm in as long as I don't have to ride in the back of Hizzoner's truck.
The last time I paddled in a group with Louie, Baily still paddled all the time and Chad was about 5' tall
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

I'm in. The third week in March might be better but then I could take a sabattical for the month. A group of CCC'ers (sorry some butt boaters included) come out to the plateau every year the third week. I have an old copy of Louie demonstating his swim techniques I could bring. Steepcreekin' I think?
Jack
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

oh man that sounds like fun! you might even see some californians make a trek for a scene like that.
Larry
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

If I get to vote, ! vote for the 1st or 3rd weekend of March. The 4th is right out for me.
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

Lets make it the third week then. The warmer the better.

Jim M