ALF New pics - Tellico/Cheoa

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CaroleW.
C Guru

ALF New pics - Tellico/Cheoa

Post by CaroleW. »

New set of pictures I've just put together. If you want one, just email me and I will send the original size to you.

Cheers
Carole

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25118446@N05/sets/
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

You've got some nice shots, Carole. Makes me want to go open boat creeking.

Alden
Louie

Good Job

Post by Louie »

I always though Katie was the only photo person in the crowd.
jim gross
CBoats Addict

pics

Post by jim gross »

nicve pics there JIM
bigspencer07
Pain Boater

Nice images!

Post by bigspencer07 »

Nice pics Carol...
8)
bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

Nice shots.

Curious, page three, row five, shows an open boat with what appears to be bulkheads instead of air bags?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2139/237 ... 05.jpg?v=0

Not meaning to send this thread off into the weeds but I've considered trying the bulkhead idea but have never seen anyone else do it.

Ken
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Looks like a "Splash" - a kid scaled composite OC-1. Is it Al Greve here on this board that has something to do with that boat?

I've thought about completely foaming out a boat, but minicell's a bit pricy for that! ;-) Maybe ethafoam...
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

I think it is a splash, and maybe the same girl that had 2 articles in Rapid magazine?

Great boat, seems to be able to handle a lot since the girl did some class IV with it! 11 years old, great paddling skills and a great boat! Now we're talking future of open boaters ;-).
Louie

Her sister

Post by Louie »

don't forget we had 15 and 17 year olds there also. If we could get the 15 year old French chick (Alex) into some canoe add in a couple of magizine we'd have more 15, 16 and 17 years old guy kids gettin into open boats than we could shake a stick at.
CaroleW.
C Guru

Post by CaroleW. »

Hi folks!

Thanks for the photo kudos, but the camera does it all! Louie, Katie is still the master.

The girl in the Splash is the younger sister of last year's paddler who was Aliesha Greve. This is Emily, a few years younger, who wanted to show she could do this too! Al and Liz - what a family!!

Al Greve has a hand in making these boats - see:
http://www.execulink.com/~eagreve/canoe ... plash.html

The 15-16 year old, Alex is paddling the Detonator. She's sporting a light blue helmet. She was also stellar and ran great lines!

Water is finally going off here - bring on the spring!
Carole
Louie

Get the young'in

Post by Louie »

in some ad's both of them. The girls not the guys who care if some 17 year old guy boats evewn if they are in real boats.
Nate
C Guru

Post by Nate »

I'm hoping some other young folks will show up to open boat nats. this summer. The most competitors I've ever had in the open boat Jr. class racing is one--and even that is rare.

Louie, do you mean I'll have to wear makeup and a wig to get into one of those magazines? Oh man...

My question is why can I get kids at school interested in competitive road cycling (I mean, come on, the pros shave their legs for better aerodynamics!) but not paddling. We need more publicity.

Nate
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

Great family, Aliesha and Elise!

Someone should write an article about them and have it published.

And also great to see a 15-16 year old paddling! She should get her place in a magazine as well!

And I'm talking european and US and Canadian magazines ;-).

You guys in the US and Canada are still lucky. You have open boat activities. Here in Belgium we are just a bunch of open boaters. No slalom, no rodeo no nothing. Even lots of rivers can only be paddled in winter! Where I live, the only thing I can find really close to home except flatwater is a rapid and a wave behind an old water-mill.

I hope I can get in touch with some european paddlers to find some nice rivers, once my skills are a bit better ;-).
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

sorry for thread-hijacking!

Jakke, then you really should come to the Swiss C-Armada!
http://www.cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?t=7958358
imagine