Open boats for sale in WA

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Paddler
Pain Boater

Open boats for sale in WA

Post by Paddler »

I'm in the market for an open boat, I live in Olympia, WA. I don't have any specific model I'm looking for but I'll know what I want when I see it. Thanks for looking.
Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Wiggins »

It is a bit of a drive, but there is a Mohawk Probe 13 at Western Canoe and Kayak in Abbotsford, BC. They have it listed on the sale section of their website. http://www.westerncanoekayak.com/home/S ... Canoes.pdf

I have been looking for one to, but options to see them in person have been pretty limited.

Kyle
mex_oc
C Boater

Post by mex_oc »

any luck, i'm looking for one too in the vancouver portland area
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Hmm, maybe there's more of us in the PNW than I thought? Too bad more of us don't paddle together more often.

Bad news is, no wonder it's so hard to find used boats with all these ww canoeists coming out of the woodwork around here.

Pat.
chriscanoe
Pain Boater

Warshington Open boaqters

Post by chriscanoe »

Ya'll should check out www.mohawkcanoes.com. They sell direct, are reasonably priced, and will ship to your area. Good guys to work with also.
PBR ME ASAP!!
lagow8
Pain Boater

Post by lagow8 »

I might be willing to sell a Esquif Nitro. I work in the Seattle area in the summers and I am driving there from MN. If the buyer is willing to pay for some gas I would bring the boat out.
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Hey, Thanks lagow, that's great to know!

Any photos of the boat? Any price in mind? There's always people looking for used boats out here, so the ability to transport one in is a good one! :P

If you have the chance to do some paddling while you're out here, here's a link to some folks in the Vanc, BC area:
http://paddlenet.myfastforum.org/

Pat.
lagow8
Pain Boater

Post by lagow8 »

I do not have any pictures at the moment. It is stored at my folks house a few hours away in their garage and it is really cold in N.Wisco. The boat has the normal scratches, but Nitro's have very thick roylex. I also have a bell yellowstone tandem with full float bags I wanna get out my my folks garage and I would sell it at a great price.

I will have a bit of free time to paddle or girlfriend and I are both Cboaters and we will both have our boats with us. I would love to meet up with some other cboaters and run some class III-IV creeks or anything to that matter. I will have a few weeks in between my guiding trips. I will have to get your info when it gets closer to summer time.
semdoug
Pain Boater

Post by semdoug »

Dagger Ocoee for $500 on Seattle Craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1593968247.html
Marc Evans
C Guru

Post by Marc Evans »

Nice catch semdoug -

I can't remember the last time I saw an Ocoee for sale in the Pacific Northwest. If one of you guys are looking for a good open boat, you better snap this one up - FAST.

Marc
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Thanks Semdoug,

It's being sold by a property manager who found it abandoned in a shed, but it was probably left behind for a reason - he reports there are soft spots on both chines and the bottom. I assume it's delaminated (as I've seen very badly on a few Ocoees) and you'd basically be buying the outfitting.

Reduced to $150.

Pat.
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

SOLD!

A friend mine got the guy to meet him in Bellingham, and he thinks he got himself a heck of deal for $150!!

Pat.
Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Wiggins »

Looks like it might have been a stolen boat.

http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/fo ... 7525#47525

Kyle
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Yup. E-mails have been flying, we've heard about this through a number of sources today. People are in touch.

Not sure how it will work itself out, because the boat was stolen a few years ago, and I don't think this seller had any knowledge of the boat's history - the seller was very responsive and forthcoming with his e-mails and cell phone number etc., so did not seem sketchy, and even suggested that if the chines were soft it might not be worth my drive down to get it, so didn't seem super rushed to unload it. It was up on Craiglist for several days, hardly low-profile.

Even dumb crooks must know better than to try and re-sell in the same city on Craigslist.

Anyway, all the folks involved have each other's contact info and are swapping photos and details etc.

Pat.
Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Wiggins »

That is the worst part about dealing with these situations. Your friend who bought the canoe is just as much a victim as Chip, so how do you figure out what is fair?

I wish them both good luck in getting it worked out.

Kyle