wtb: tandem river boats needing TLC

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

awells
C Boater

wtb: tandem river boats needing TLC

Post by awells »

Hi friends,

I'm starting a "canoe collective" (not for profit) in southwest Va and looking for tandem river boats that I can fix up to get people on the water. I'm willing to pay a fair price for boats that have seen better days and are repairable but perhaps not to "performance" quality. I would prefer Royalex down river boats- Appalachian, legend, intrepid, et al but would definitely be interested in ABS/ rotomold boats too. Wrapped, dented, holes, De-lamination, broken hardware- whatever!

I'm willing to drive a fair distance, especially if you have a good river nearby.

I find myself in a position where lots of people want me to take them out on the river and there simply aren't enough boats in the area that are river worthy. I enjoy fixing up boats and getting people on the water- what better ways to spend all the money I don't have?!

Live in SWVA? lets be friends!

peace,
Adam