Dagger Cascades - 2x in Cleveland OH ***0x now (sold)***

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

MontyMcV
c

Dagger Cascades - 2x in Cleveland OH ***0x now (sold)***

Post by MontyMcV »

Hello Folks:

I am a member, though not really active. I do lurk and read all of your great posts! Below is a copy of my local CL listing.

I have two Dagger Cascades that I picked up two years ago. I have only used them once each, and based on my age and stiff joints, I don't see me putting them to use. I have OC'd and kayaked, and definitely prefer paddling from a kneel. For those out there who are single-bladers, you know the mantra. I share the same spirit, hence my wanting to give the C1 a go. I also picked up a Dagger Caption, and see me more suited to a smaller OC1 at some point, hence I am making room by selling the Cascades.

The blue and white one does have the common cracking along the front cowling lip. It also needs a pedestal. Thigh straps are in it. No float bags. Price $50.

The black and white one is sound and no cowling cracks. No float bags. Price $150.

I also have two Snap Dragon skirts, one has been used once, and the other not at all. I forget the tube size. I am 6'1" and short of 200#, so probably large. Price $50 each.

I listed one a while back on CL when I first thought I wouldn't be keeping it and someone from Canada found the listing and asked if I'd sell him the cockpit so he could convert a K1. I am willing to do that on the blue and white one if anyone wishes.

For the members of this great community, I am willing to make reasonable efforts to get the boat(s) to someone. I'd drive a short ways for beers with a new friend. Would also consider taking to somewhere in conjunction with another trip- maybe Ohiopyle or northern WV area. (Just came back from Seneca Rocks last weekend.) Also, I am willing to ship. I had each one sent to me from MN and upstate NY for under $70 thanks to using one of the carriers that the place I work for has discounts from.

Lastly, if someone has an 11-13 foot OC that they'd want to trade, I'd be interested in that as well, knowing that I'd have to throw some money into it.

I really wish I had it in me to keep/use them. When I watch vids of others, I sure want to. But I know I am fine in the taller kneel of an OC, so I'm going to stop trying to convince myself at age 50+ on the C1s.

If interested, best bet is to email from my profile for most timely response. I will check in here as well.

Paddle On,
Bill
Attachments
IMG_20140726_143919_010 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20140726_143308_982 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20140725_193956_993 - Copy.jpg
Last edited by MontyMcV on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MontyMcV
c

Re: Dagger Cascades - 2x in Cleveland OH ***1x now***

Post by MontyMcV »

Blue one has a buyer, arrangements in progress...
MontyMcV
c

Re: Dagger Cascades - 2x in Cleveland OH ***1x now***

Post by MontyMcV »

Edited the original post for the skirts to include the tube size...

I also have two Snap Dragon skirts, one has been used once, and the other not at all. I forget the tube size. I am 6'1" and short of 200#, so probably large. Price $50 each.
MontyMcV
c

Re: Dagger Cascades - 2x in Cleveland OH ***0x now (sold)*

Post by MontyMcV »

Both boats are spoken for, each going to a member from Cboats! Thanks to all for my first, and happily successful, posting...