Prelude for sale

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bamaboater
Pain Boater

Prelude for sale

Post by bamaboater »

used. good condition. pics available.
$450
tread_water

I might want your boat...

Post by tread_water »

Hey- just sent you an e-mail, what do you think about a chick, about 5'2" and 105 lbs paddling this boat? Experinced rafter/ kayaker going for open boating.
Atucky
CBoats Addict

great idea

Post by Atucky »

I think this would be a great boat for someone your size, especially if you have prior whitewater experience. It is an advanced canoe, but if you start on lower volume stretches of water, you'll get used to it. Also, it won't feel as small and twitchy to you as it does for the typical (larger) people who paddle/try a prelude. If the outfitting is the typical bulkhead, you'll most likely have to add foam to get it just right for you. Nothing a little minicel and contact cement won't fix. One more thing, you'll always be able to sell if for what you paid if you don't like it.

I'm tempted to buy it myself since I got rid of mine and regret it. I let it go because I couldnt get used to it in larger volume water. But I'm also 190 lbs, and an intermediate boater. I should have just kept it for lower volume stuff untill I got better. But now I have a spanish fly (which I consider the preludes fraternal twin brother)

Good luck either way, and welcome to open boating!
Adam Trunnell
East Coast Canoes
C Guru

Post by East Coast Canoes »

have you sold the prelude yet?
i know someone looking for one and money is ready
let me know
john