WTB - Any OC1 or OC2 Composite downriver racers?

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

danriverdale
c

WTB - Any OC1 or OC2 Composite downriver racers?

Post by danriverdale »

Anyone know of an F-14 racing class open canoe collecting dust? Would love to patch it up and get it racing again.
I'm in the Southeast (NC).
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

wwoc1

Post by Longboatin »

I have a Wenonah Jenson wwoc1 - not sure if its the class youre looking 4 tho - used in 82' Nationals - glass training layup. Let me know . Pretty good shape, no damage , no leakage. $450
danriverdale
c

Very tempting

Post by danriverdale »

but I'm really looking for something a little more dry for WWOCD. There was a Jensen at last year's WWOCD Nationals but they demand more finesse than I think I have to keep dry.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Gene designed 'em to be FAST :wink:
danriverdale
c

Post by danriverdale »

OK - I'm curious - what are the specs? The Jensons I know are all 17 or longer and fairly shallow. Is this a deeper version for WW? My current racing boat is a Penob 17 which is hard enough to keep dry.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Wenonah doesn't list the C1W anymore (I'm assuming that's what Longboatin has). Mine is 16'6" long. 36" back from the bow it's still only 13" wide, which makes it fast but pretty wet. If you think your Penobscot is wet you'll need a bigger bailer for this. The rails are 24" wide at the seat, but there's 3 or 4" of tumblehome. It's 18" deep at the bow, 14" at center & 16.5" at the stern.

Don't judge the boat by my times at Nats. It's a much better boat then I am a paddler (I tend to spend most of my time surfing). It's fast & takes a little time to figure out the turning. I found that you need to be really moving & tilt the boat to the outside of the turns or it'll keep going straight. If you are moving fast & tilt the boat to the outside, it will turn fairly well.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Jensen WWOC

Post by Longboatin »

It is 16'6" and deeper sides than the normal Jensen flatwater boat -does have to be leaned outside to turn, but at speed it turns fairly easy. havent used the boat over class III, mostly use the boat on flat water, paddling 4 exercise. Original owner told me he could overtake towboats pushing barges w/ the boat. It seems quick enough, but Ive never been in that gooda shape. I have some pics to send if you like. Let me know.
danriverdale
c

Post by danriverdale »

Sorry to have disappeared for a bit.
Sounds like very close to what I'm looking for.
Last night one of my boys who started DR racing last year expressed interest in trying wildwater C1 - so will be evaluating the budget.
Thanks for all the info!!
vzap
C Boater

Kevlar Sunburst

Post by vzap »

Would you be interested in a Kevlar Sunburst? It's been up-side down and unused in a garage for 10 or more years. There is a 2" x 1/2" fracture in the Kevlar that can easily be repaired w/o being obvious. Presently rigged for solo but was designed to be either. Length is roughly 14' 3"
Vince
Zap Paddles