Wenonah Jensen 18'6" Marathon racing canoe

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

joshH
c

Wenonah Jensen 18'6" Marathon racing canoe

Post by joshH »

Wenonah canoe believed to be SCR-2. One layer kevlar with auto-bailer, sliding bow and stern seats. Boat will need a coat of epoxy. Would be good for a trainer or some one wanting to start Marathon racing without breaking the bank.

see pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/10876792511 ... 81/Wenonah

Asking $600. Located in Columbia, SC.

contact me at joshleprell@yahoo.com or 803-394-6642
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Wenonah put a plate on the right side of the stern w/ the model & serial #'s.
joshH
c

serial number

Post by joshH »

The serial number on the wenonah says:

USCA MARA
JA311F989

I will try to figure out what that means.

Josh
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

The last two digits of the serial # are the year the boat was built. Your's was built in 1989.

It's a discontinued model. Mine is an '86 & the model is "Marathon" Your's could be the same boat or a slightly different newer version. It does look a lot like the current SCR-2 though.

As you stated, it's a good way to get into racing w/o breaking the bank. These are nice, light, fast boats. It's cool to watch the water through the hull 8)
kleroy
c

Post by kleroy »

That doesn't look like an SCR-2 to me. USCA has rules regarding the depth of the hull in the bow, middle and stern. I don't know the measurments off the top of my head, but I believe standard class racers had to have a stern that was nearly as deep as the bow (in an attempt to make them look more like traditional canoes...!?...whatever).

Because the stern is lower than the bow, I think the boat pictured meets the USCA "cruiser" spec. Besides, if it were an SCR-2, the serial number tag would probably say so in the model designation.

More specifically, my guess is that this boat is what has come to be known as the "88" (named for the year that Gene Jensen designed it).

Wenonah still has both a "cruiser" and the SCR listed on its web page. Go to www.wenonahracing.com if you want to compare the two. (Note that the V1-A cruiser shown on Wenonah's web page is a newer design than this 88 cruiser we are currently discussing. I can't tell the difference between them unless they're sitting next to each other.)

Kevin