WTB: Shredder (or other, frameless cataraft)

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kneeler
C Guru

WTB: Shredder (or other, frameless cataraft)

Post by kneeler »

I am in Connecticut. I am able to do some repair if necessary. Please private message me or post here.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

SOC

Post by Sir Adam »

I think the Sacandago Outdoor Center had one for sale cheapish-it's a Revolution if I recall correctly-kneel or sit, plastic catarafts, metal tubes conncting.... SOC is in Hadley, NY.
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

revolution

Post by sbroam »

The revolution is an interesting craft. A local paddler has one and has half convinced be that it is a c-boat. You kneel on it, I think it has thigh straps and you paddle it with canoe paddles. He and his wife took it down section IV of the Chattooga (water to be taken seriously) and he said the ran the "raft lines" cleanly.

However, if the original poster is looking for a frameless craft for storage or transportation consideration, this might not be a good choice. The two hulls are the size of a kayak each and the cross bars are about 3" dia aluminum tubes.
kneeler
C Guru

Post by kneeler »

Thanks for the tip, however, I'm looking for an inflatable.

As sbroam said, I'm looking for something a bit more portable. Also, something a bit softer.

I'd like something like a Shredder or a JPW Culebra.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

shredder..

Post by PAC »

Shredders are very hard to come by - used or new. You might want to call Airtight and ask to be placed on their used / retro list. But I understand that it is long. (I understand there is a waiting list for new ones too)
I think the best bet would be to check with local (or other) outfitters to see if they will be selling off any of there rentals at the end of the season. The boat will need work but they float and they are less expensive.
Or try Jack's plastic to see if they have a line on any of their used "versions" of that style of boat.

Airtight inflatables....
http://www.ohiopyle.com/shredder/
Jack's plastics....
http://www.jpwinc.com

Good luck!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!