FS Esquif Nitro OC 1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

James S

FS Esquif Nitro OC 1

Post by James S »

Used 5 Times! In Perfect Condition!

Manufactures Website: (http://www.esquif.com/e-nitro.html)

The Nitro has an Asymmetrical Royalex Hull, a flat bottom, double chine and very high ends that prevent water from splashing in when you’re riding big waves. Healthy rocker combined with plenty of volume means the Nitro can handle virtually any whitewater scenario. The hard chines provide outstanding final stability for incredible control in big water. Stable and dry, the Nitro’s success inspired the Detonator (smaller Version) and the Blast (Tandem Version)

Length 11’ 6"
Gunwale Width 25"
Depth at Center 17"
Weight 49lbs + Outfitting
Rocker @ Bow / Stern 5" / 6 ½"

Fully Outfitted:
Mohawk Saddle - With Double Thigh Retainer System
From: (http://www.mohawkcanoes.com/whitewater%20outfitting.htm)

Yakima Adjustable Foot Braces
Knee Pads
Voyageur ‘Quad Strip D’ Saddle Retainer System -
(Fully Adjustable 'Strap-In' Saddle Retaining System)

Floatation Not Included
2 60" Voyageur Nylon Float Bags Available for $100

$1250 to Buy & Outfit ($1400 With Floatation)
Have all Receipts Instructions and MSO

Asking $950 Negotiable

Contact James
Luv2CanoeHRCKC@Hotmail.com
Located in North East NJ
I Can Send Pictures If Interested
Camille
c

still got it?

Post by Camille »

Hi...i'm actually not interested in the boat but a friend is. she paddles a dagger rival but it is falling apart. she's looking for something along a similar style, perhaps a little bit more playful/edgier/squirrelier (however you want to put it). any similarities. I had tried the detonator at the armada and liked it and i think my friend would like it if it was bigger.
what do you think? and can you send pics?
camille
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

RE: Nitro vs Detonator

Post by NZMatt »

Hi Camille

Just wanted to make a quick comment - the one performance characteristic you won't get out of the Detonator or Nitro is edginess - that double chine structure has no grab. It's pretty unstable initially and then really stable on secondary, if that's what you were meaning. I'd guess the Nitro would be step up on performance compared to the Rival, but it won't carve on an edge, so if that's what your friend is looking for, then this mightn't be the right boat. I must admit to not having paddled the Nitro myself so I can't give you a great comparison of the two beyond the obvious effects of length on speed and maneuverability. I love the Detonator though. javascript:emoticon(':D')

Matt
James S

Re: FS - Esquif Nitro OC 1

Post by James S »

Hi Camille

I sold my Nitro last week. I hope your friend finds that perfect boat.

James
James S