WTB: Used skirt that fits an Atom

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jpetot

WTB: Used skirt that fits an Atom

Post by jpetot »

Thanks to this forum, I recently acquired an Atom and am seeking (in addition to a bombproof roll :roll: ) an inexpensive skirt. I know there are a variety of skirts that fit it, but I don't know which ones; that info would be real helpful too. I'm looking for a small, perhaps a medium depending on skirt sizing (I'm 5'4" 120#).

Thanks so much y'all,
Julie in Boston
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Harmony LC-1

Post by Sir Adam »

A harmony LC-1 will fit the Atom (as well as quite a few other boats (even some conversions)). Some outfitters have been getting rid of them cheap recently (last year WhiteWater Challengers in Old Forge, NY (315.369.6699) got rid of a bunch-I'm not sure if they still have any or not, but it might be worth a call.
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

be careful now ...

Post by sbroam »

I'm pretty sure Harmony/Perception's LC-1 is a kayak skirt - "large cockpit", oval in shape. I had one that worked great on converted boats but did not fit my Slasher or Cascade. In fact a friend recently demoed a local shop's Atom and they gave her an LC-1 - no go. I had an old Harmony/Perception C-1 skirt that was probably made to fit Gyramaxes and Slashers that would fit a large Dagger C-1 cockpit in a pinch. I'm pretty sure their current "Terrapin C-1 Skirt" would it an Atom.

http://www.harmonygear.com/stuff/sprays ... rtsw2.html
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Cool!

Post by Sir Adam »

Ok, so I couldn't think of a better subject line :-? . The skirt I use on the Atom IS oval, and IS an LC1 (albeit an older one). I got it because it will work on the Atom, Cascade, and some older conversions. So, I'd guess Harmony changed their skirt a bit, or there are sub-models we're not aware of.... Great info to know, though, regardless!
Keep the C!
Adam
jpetot

Well thanks,

Post by jpetot »

I think... :wink: I've already tried an old Slasher skirt without success, I guess I'll just figure it out as I go. Or, as a last resort, breakdown and buy a new one (ouch).