F/S: VIPER C-1, Fullcut, $350

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

upsidednpadlr
C Boater

F/S: VIPER C-1, Fullcut, $350

Post by upsidednpadlr »

FOR SALE: FullCut, VIPER C-1, a John Frachella design, made by Winterport Boatworks in Maine. (See C-1 Rec Boats for lots of excellent pics! ) This boat is in nice shape, has never been damaged/ patched. Bottom half of hull is solid white. Top half of hull is skyblue from the bow to the cockpit, where it fades to dark purple and continues dark purple to the stern. Outfitted with minicell saddle, knee pads and velcro thigh straps. $350 price is firm and includes a spray skirt.

I just picked this boat up a few months ago, with a great deal of help from Sir Adam. (Thanks again Adam !!!) Have spent very little time in her, as I have been concentrating on paddling OC-1, which is new to me, and I'm really having a blast in an open boat.

Boat is located in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

Thanks!
Safe Paddlin',
Dave
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Question...

Post by PAC »

Is this the Viper that was on the NBofP Armada time? If I remember the seat was a bit low for me, but very nice boat!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
upsidednpadlr
C Boater

WISH I had been at the NBoP Armada!!!

Post by upsidednpadlr »

Couldn't make the Armada, sorry to say, so it wasn't my Viper. The saddle in this one is ~ 6". If I was going to keep her, I'd actually replace it with something 7-8" high. Easier on my knees - and allows me to stay in the boat longer. At 6", I could stay in her for just over 2 hours. :D Who knows how much longer at 8"! :o
Safe Paddlin',
Dave
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Vipers...

Post by Sir Adam »

If it's the non-white one you're referring to, (aka purple boat), this one is the same cut, just different boat (color and manufacturer). I would recommend a 7" or 8" seat in it for the ultimate in cruising comfort :D .
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

cockpit size?

Post by sbroam »

What size is the cockpit? Normal for an old boat? Or, wishfully thinking, a big one like a Cascade?

Are pix of this one available?

Scott
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

I'm definately interested. If you have pictures send them on to either paul@cline.net and / or cline.pa@mellon.com.
But I'll defer to Scott if the cockpit fits hiim - he too would look good in it!
Let us know on the cockpit and pictures!
Personally I like a higher seat so if the spray skirt would work at 7 - 8" then that would work for me.
CU :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
upsidednpadlr
C Boater

My Viper has a new home...

Post by upsidednpadlr »

WOW!!! :o
No, make that DOUBLE WOW!!! :o :o

Posted my Viper, and went off to work a twelve hour shift, came home, slept a while - got up to check the board, and...

WOW!!! :o

Had half a dozen posts, private messages, and/or emails within an hour of the boat being posted.

The first person to make a firm offer, sight unseen, was Mike W., and he'll be picking the boat up Friday. Thanks to all who posted/ showed an interest in the boat!
Safe Paddlin',
Dave