like new prelude

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

charles

like new prelude

Post by charles »

Like new Prelude for sale in northern WV. Used one time on flatwater. Factory airbags and outfitting. $1,100.00. The Prelude was an impluse buy; I need a more stable boat.

Charles
304-463-3303.
h2ohillbilly@yahoo.com

Post by Guest »

Hey Charles,

Do you have the stock saddle in the boat? I lowered mine by about an inch and it has made a world of difference. The boat is way more stable
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Charles,

I agree with Guest, lowering the saddle by ~1 inch makes a significant difference in primary stability.
Also make sure that there is no slack in the outfitting. You have to be in there really snug to take full advantage of it's performance. I have had mine for over a year now, and am still not done tweaking it (although it's very close to being perfect for me now).
Try the following: A) modify the bulkhead to move your knees all the way out; B) raise the back of the saddle to prevent you from sliding out back and C) (I am surre I will get flak for that suggestion) If you are paddling a lot of big water (Ottawa style) and play in bigger holes, you may want to consider putting a lap belt in. Be careful with that however and don't use it for creeking or running shallow stuff.

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Paul

Want to trade for a used Dagger Phantom?

Post by Paul »

I have a Dagger Phantom that has been used for a couple of seasons. It is a little longer than the Prelude (its 9'10") and is a less aggressive, though still advanced design. It has fuller ends and less rocker, which makes it faster and drier. It does have a flat bottom which makes the boat want to sit on edge.

The phantom has done me well on the Chattooga and the lower Gauley, and i am interested in a more advanced boat.

I have only paddled a prelude once and found it to be significantly less stable than my phantom.

let me know if your interested.

Paul
paddlesolo@earthlink.net