CARBON FIBER C1 seat / shortening a long boat pics.

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Trevor
C Boater

CARBON FIBER C1 seat / shortening a long boat pics.

Post by Trevor »

hey,

just thought you like to see my latest composite work...i just completed a mold for a Carbon Fiber Pedestal C-1 seat. It may be reinventing the wheel, but we'll see. :wink: The idea is to have the advantage of a seat, like a thwart, that is glassed to the boat, therefore ridged, but padded....giving you good lean response, yet NOT dangerousl like a thwart would be in a decked canoe.

go to my website, www.treybay.com , then click MAD DOG...then you'll see it...(price and first install pics coming in a bit).

I also have pictures of the method i used to cut down my long (old school length) Nereus C-1 (which i should have done a year ago :x ), this method worked pretty well. plus i have the new ICF measurements for the minimum slalom length,widths, weight..... im pretty sure they are acurate, i got them off ICF pages...a good reverence. but if you see an error, let me know.

see you on the river, trevor
Trevor Soileau
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

NICE!

Post by Sir Adam »

That is one nice looking pedestal!!!
Keep the C!
Adam
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

pedestal

Post by billcanoes »

nice job- I had admired your hip pads before.

Bill
Trevor
C Boater

thanks guys

Post by Trevor »

thanks guys, i think it should at least look pretty sweet, and hopefully be an improvement to the solid minicell foam method.

trevor
Trevor Soileau
Trevor
C Boater

i meant a good "reference" above

Post by Trevor »

my phonics blooper of the day.
Trevor Soileau
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Another seat option that, IMO, is even more of hybrid between thwart and pedestal is a hung bicycle seat. this is glassed to the underside of the deck at three points (immediately to the rear and about 45 degrees to each side) and can also be suspended ontop of foam walls running through the cockpit (connecting the bow and stern pillars) if desired. The side attachments make bomber hip pads and can be built up with foam as needed, yet the seat is less intrusive than a full thwart.

An Ultramax that I bought from Jamie McEwan 20+ years ago had this type of seat and I liked it so much that laid-up a similar one when I built my old Batmax shortly thereafter. John Sweet used to have have a mold for this kind of seat and I think that Bob Putnam may possibily have one. I believe that Bob even makes his attachment points hinged so that the seat flips up when you wet exit.

If you're looking to expand your C-boat accessories line, you might consider adding this as well.

John
Trevor
C Boater

installation pics of composite c1 pedestal seat.

Post by Trevor »

hey,

i just recently outfitted my new Vajda Lizard 365 with my new composite pedestal C-1 seat....

i left it hollow, and added drain holes...so far it works great....the water just come right out like normal. and the performances seems to be a noticable improvement....you can just touch the seat with your hand, and you instantly rotate the hull...which should mean better control. :wink:

here are some pics of the install: (then click installation photos)

http://www.treybay.com/MD_Page.htm

trevor
Trevor Soileau