FYI- wildwater c-1 for sale

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

edg
C Guru

FYI- wildwater c-1 for sale

Post by edg »

Just thought some damaged person might find this of interest.

For Sale: Zastera "No Name" C1 - $690 (Posted - November 27, 2006)
The "No Name" is a Zastera modification of the Bala that has a higher deck in the bow and slightly less rocker in the stern (making it easier to put a skeg on the boat). The Bala (and its offspring’s like the No Name) are the most widely raced boats in C-1 at the international level.

A new one will cost about $2000 landed in the USA. See Zastera's website for a full description. This boat is in good condition and does not leak. It was previously owned by John Pinyerd and paddled by me only on flat water. Contact Shaun Smith in Charlotte, NC at parashaunte@hotmail.com or (704) 302-7471.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Hmm

Post by Sir Adam »

FWIW I contact Shaun about the boat in eary Dec. and heard it was already spoken for...there is a list if it doesn't work out, though (and I'm tentatively on it!).

If anyone knows of a "newer" WildWater C1 out there I may be interested...my Ace III is a bit long in the tooth and should have been retired years ago...alternatively if anyone knows where a Tip Top or other mold is let me know!
Keep the C!
Adam
edg
C Guru

re: wildwater c-1

Post by edg »

Adam- The Dagger/Valley Mill/Andy Bridge Tiptop mold is the property of the Nantahala Racing Club, and is available to those wishing to make (or have made) a boat. Currently, the mold is here:

http://www.kayaks.meridian1.net/default.asp?

with Larry Parzynski, the the guy who makes EJ's slalom kayaks. In theory, it should be possible to move it around, although its obviously a hassle. In my fantasy world, it would end up at iTOMCO, but I just depleted my toy fund ordering a new Czech boat- a Mezzana- putting me on the sidelines for this one....edg