Super D slalom racing C-1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ericp
c

Super D slalom racing C-1

Post by ericp »

Built and used by John Kazimierczyk in the 2000 Olympic trials.
A fast boat that turns instantly!
Length: 13'2", Width: 28", Weight: 22 lbs. Loaction: Philadelphia area.
Used by Kaz for one season. I used it for about 25 Class 2-3 river trips. Multicolored.
Price: $450.
Photos: http://paddlenow.com/album/superd.html
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Olympic Festival regional Qualifier, that is.
JKaz
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

What's an upper limit on the weight for a paddler?
oldpaddler
c

Is it still available?

Post by oldpaddler »

I too would like to know the weight capacity of this boat, and if it is still available.

Thanks,
Isaac Moore
Paddling Adult Volunteer for Girl Scouts

Three simple rules of paddling:
1) Open side up
2) Pointy end downstream
3) It's always your partner's fault
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

I can't speak definitively about a precise upper weight limit, but among 4-meter slalom C-1s the Dagger Zealot and the Super Dynamic are often considered to be among the friendliest designs for larger paddlers. Both were designed in 1995 for the 1996 Olympics - the Zealot by Jon Lugbill and Adam Clawsen, the Dynamic by Davey Hearn. The Super Dynamic is a Dynamic with slightly more rocker in the stern. Both boats are said to handle well for paddlers who weigh 200+. How much plus they can handle I'm not sure that anyone has actually determined.

The description that Adam has posted in the boat listing for the Dynamic (see http://cboats.net/c_db/list.php?type=1& ... me=Dynamic ) notes that "I also understand that the Dynamic is a much better boat and has much better characteristics if your a little heavy (between 190lbsand 220lbs)."

John
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

:o My Zealot was pretty good at 205#, but at 220# it feels a little too nestled into the water.

I believe I own the only surviving high rocker Zealot. Kaz's extra rocker Super Dynamic probably handles similarly. The lifted tail makes for wonderful handling, but some racers are likely to want less rocker and more straight line speed.