Parting out collection, need pricing help

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

talker
c

Parting out collection, need pricing help

Post by talker »

I hate having gear around that I'm not using that someone else would enjoy. Please take a look and tell me what these boats should sell for - http://www.paintedtree.com/canoes/canoes.htm

I'd like to craigslist them locally but will entertain offers if you want to deal with boats in Boise.

If the link breaks, the boats are a Dagger Rival and Wenonah Rogue, both in newish condition, and a well worn Blue Hole Sunburst I.

many thanks
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

My first question to you if I was a potential buyer is how long were the canoes stored under trees and were they covered or were their hulls exposed to UV from the sun? Your answer would affect my sense of their value.
talker
c

Post by talker »

Hi Milkman, thanks for the response. I'm a bit fuzzy on acquisition dates. The green boats have been outside uncovered for more than 5 years now but less than 9. The Rogue got a shot of 303 once or twice, but I don't remember ever waxing or treating the Rival. The Sunburst I has lived covered up most always (it's the one I'd hang from the living room ceiling if it's not worth selling).
bassbug
c

Post by bassbug »

talker,
I dropped you a pm concerning the Rival
wwwanabe

Post by wwwanabe »

I may be interested in the Rival. It is intriguing that a canoe at least 12 -15 years old (not sure when Dagger quit on canoes) has never been paddled. I would be curious if the hull is brittle or cracked or in any way weather-damaged from being stored outside.

I am in Washington state but have an aquaintance in Boise that might check out the boat for me if it is a good price.
talker
c

Post by talker »

Oh thanks Bassbug, I forgot to log in and check for messages.

I tracked down an old paddling partner who's in the biz and has seen these boats in my yard and got some pricing advice from him.

The Rogue just got listed for $875 on my local Craigslist, and I'm going to start the Rival at $500 when I get around to writing that ad. Wwwanabe, it's practically a museum piece, lol.

Apparently the Sunburst isn't worth selling so I may just Cetol the gunnels and hang it from the living room ceiling.