Gifts for a canoeist

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kentford
c

Gifts for a canoeist

Post by kentford »

We've got a nice 20% discount for any C-forum folks on our titles Solo Playboating and Drill Time.

Yikes, getting to that crazy gift giving time. I am not a very good consumer, so I know how tough it can be to find the right gift for friends or family.

Happily, our DVD’s are the perfect gift, (or treat yourself). One size fits all, at the right price! We ship every other day between now and Christmas, so on-time delivery is guaranteed.

Here are our targeted recomendations:
Solo basics and rolling instruction:
http://www.performancevideo.com/solo_playboating
Methodical canoe stroke instruction:
http://www.performancevideo.com/drill_t ... layboating

For the discount enter "morefun" at the coupon code during checkout.

Also, we will throw in the classic C-1 Challenge for only $5.00 as well.
kentford
c

at least you learned to roll

Post by kentford »

<edited> that vid has taught more people to roll a C-boat over the years than any other. Better yet, it got me going on producing the entire Solo Playboating series.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

It is a realy great video. it's how i learned to roll. still working on that sweet dry hair back deck, though. great video and a great deal for $5 bucks!

"if you really want to have fun, paddle a c1!" is one of my all time favorite quotes.
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

oopsiflipped wrote:still working on that sweet dry hair back deck, though.

"if you really want to have fun, paddle a c1!" is one of my all time favorite quotes.
Love the C1 challenge vid too, very inspiring indeed.

I too am still working on the dray hair roll... And this year I had a little frustrating experience. One of my budy's son, 12 yo, has just begun paddling C1 this year. That toothpick-shaped little guy showed me his offside rolling, dry hair rolling... Later on the river I saw him combat offside rolling in class 3 man felt like I was due for retirement already.

Anyways, thought this one thread needed a little hijack so there you go. :P
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
kentford
c

Dry Hair Roll

Post by kentford »

At the time we did the Dry Hair Roll, it was pretty cutting edge. Now the 12 year olds are doing it! Wow.
It turns out that boat length is one key factor in that roll, as you see kayakers doing a similar back deck roll off of waves. I havent seen a Cboat do that yet, but I imagine it has been done. Thanks for noting the C-1 Challenge! Kent