Vintage Hahn C1 for Sale

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

wildwaterc2
Pain Boater

Vintage Hahn C1 for Sale

Post by wildwaterc2 »

I think this is a 1970-something hull. It spent a long time in a basement without use before it came to me in 1997. I got it for my then twenty-something girlfriend (now wife), who now prefers OC1 - the only decked boat she'll get in is the C2 with me.

I think the layup is all fiberglass. Condition is pretty good - it has not been beaten and has spent most of its life out of the sun. The top is a blue-green and quite glossy. The bottom is white and not glossy. It was missing a cockpit lip when I got it, and I enlarged the opening and made a Gyramax size lip so normal C1 sprayskirts fit. It is outfitted nicely with a minicell saddle. I also added outside seam tape (it only had internal tape when I got it).

There is nothing wrong with it other than we don't use it anymore. It is not a boat I'd suggest for strong whitewater due to the layup but would be fine for typical Nantahala-type water.

It is a big boat - the biggest C1 I've ever seen in width and volume.

$100

or trade for something interesting to me, like
Atom
Cascade
Gyramax (still my riverrunner boat but mine has a cracked cockpit lip)
slalom C1

In Roanoke VA. russellbailey3@yahoo.com I can email pictures if you are interested.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

" I enlarged the opening and made a Gyramax size lip so normal C1 sprayskirts fit"

Just for future reference, small cockpit skirts are still used by racers and are probably easier to find than Atom/Cascade skirts.
wildwaterc2
Pain Boater

Post by wildwaterc2 »

I presume you mean slalom boats maybe? Every wildwater boat I've ever owned or paddled has taken the same size skirt as fits my Gyramax - that is about 15 boats, C1 and C2, from a mid-80s boat through a early 2000s boat.

I also have some separate skirts that fit our Hydra Duet that are the 1970s style round opening like was on the Hahn. They will not fit my wildwater boats (or Gyramax).

I had surprising interest in the boat. 2 emails this morning and I have a buyer who said he was sending a check.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

On the sturdiness issue, my Hahn was multiple glass layers with just one layer of polypropylene (sp?) for damage control. It stood up to trips on the Ocoee, upper Conasauga, Chauga Gorge, Chattooga 4, quite well, except for repeatedly cracking in the center stern from thumping ledges. I used a stick to poke a 3 layer Nylon patch onto the inside of the stern, and the ledge breaking stopped.

Probably Davey/Jennifer Hearn can supply or find skirts to fit various boats. The smallest cockpits I ever saw were on some Noah c-1s. The cockpit on my old Phoenix Seewun is small and takes some slalom skirts. My Dagger Zealot has a somewhat bigger cockpit. I have a Millbrook Wide Ride with one of those weird semi-triangular cockpits, but an Atom skirt would still be too big.