slalom C1 wanted

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

k1c1w
c

slalom C1 wanted

Post by k1c1w »

Would like a Vajda Lizard 350S or Lady Lizard. Would consider a similar boat that is meant for a lighter paddler (120 lbs.) I am located in western MA. Will be traveling to Pittsburgh area in late May and to Colorado in July, so am willing to consider a boat for sale in these areas also. I have been looking for a long time with no response. There must be something out there!!
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

the only small vajda in the US is Jordan Poffenbergers, His Dad Nedpoff if on here from time to time. email Jamie Cartwright he's the Eastern Can development coach. good guy. also google Hailey Thompson, she may have an old boat, she paddles a lady lizard now, but was in a cut down estanguet boat for a while. I doubt she'll part with the lizard, but those are the only small lizards in the US. I know of a couple mediums in CO.
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Emergo

Post by Emergo »

I think I saw Hailey's old boat at Rutabaga, a paddle shop in Madison, WI. Not sure if it was for sale, but you could give em a call.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

she's sponsored by rutabaga. it may be a demo, odd place for her to try and sell it if she is. haha...
NedPoff
C Boater

Yes, Jordan still has his and still uses it..

Post by NedPoff »

He's at the upper end of the weight range, but insists it hasnt' gotten to small for him, yet. After Freestyle worlds ( this June) he's going to be back into slalom for a while. if you haven't found another by August, touch base w/ us to see if he's decided to upsize. Otherwise, Hailey Thompson has a website -- definitely touch base w/ her. I know she has a new Lady Lizard, but can't remember whether she had one before her older ( non-lizard) boat...
nedpoff@gmail.com is my email. Good luck.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

ned, I'm well past the weight range for mine. haha... good luck at worlds.
NedPoff
C Boater

Thanks

Post by NedPoff »

I'll pass that on to Jordan.... Yes, I suspect he'll keep it for a while. If he's like me, he'll stay around 130 lbs. for quite a few years, so will only part w/ the Lizard S if he feels disadvantaged by newer hull designs and wants one of them.... take care, perhaps we'll see you at the slalom races later in the year.
Ned
NedPoff
C Boater

Hey k1c1w...

Post by NedPoff »

Have you checked w/ Joe Jacobi in Tenn. He's the US rep for Vajda. Sometimes he'll have an order slightly damaged and the buyer will not want it --that's how we got Jordan's boat. His number is on the Vajda page under US distributers.
Ned
k1c1w
c

Post by k1c1w »

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will look into all of them. NedPoff, I will definitely be in touch in August. I really think he needs to upsize!
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

It looks like Scott Parsons is selling his Absolute C-1 - asking for $800 (see http://www.monocacyboard.org/mboard/msg/11649.html for the listing)

John
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Scott Parsons has a slalom c-1? :roll:
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Jeffrey Ward
C Boater

Post by Jeffrey Ward »

Yes, Scott has a slalom c-1. I have seen him paddle it in the local races near Washington, D.C.
NedPoff
C Boater

Yes Scotty can C-1 pretty well/

Post by NedPoff »

His boat is cut for 150 or so. It is the Itomco(sp?) model that Ben Fraker helped design. It is a nice boat. You might look into that. It's cut bigger, but may work well.
Ned
edg
C Guru

Post by edg »

You might try usawildwater's director of western junior development, Denny Adams. His daughter Lisa was the #2 slalom C-1W at trials, and he may have some leads. He's in Grand Junction, and should be bringing juniors to Fibark, etc..edg

dennyadams@aol.com