Almost New Dagger Ocoee/Excelent Condition/Ash trim $1100

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

abbeysroadhome
c

Almost New Dagger Ocoee/Excelent Condition/Ash trim $1100

Post by abbeysroadhome »

Purple with wood gunnels, saddle, foot braces & thigh straps. Gunnels are Ash & decks are mahogany in excellent condition, hull is sound with usual scuffs on hull, no damage or issues at all & in excellent condition. Always stored inside. One owner before me who rarely used it. I'm just to big for the boat & it's uncomfortable for me to paddle. Only used it about 4x. New cost is $1800, but they are no longer made by Bell & this is a Dagger with a bomber hull with original Dagger woodwork! A rare boat you will never see again! Pics available upon request [/list]
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

Sent you a pm.
abbeysroadhome
c

More

Post by abbeysroadhome »

Pedestal saddle, adjustable North Water foot cups. Serial number indicates 1994 manufacture date. Original owner bought it from Go With The Flow in Roswell, GA in 1999 where it had been since shipped. I bought it in 2008. He kept it in his basement. No wear under pedestal or ends, so you can see this boat was rarely used.
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

Trying to get in touch with you. Please check your pm.
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that at least from those pictures, I wouldn't call the condition almost new. Looks like there are a lot of scratches and what not. Maybe it's just a bad picture.
Chris Loomis
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

I beleive he said "almost Like new" which to me means not new, not even like new. Unless I missunderstandand or the author is from the Valley. So just like, leave him alone,Ok? If you like, want something cheaper, Ill Like,sell you a Viper in like almost like, boatable condition. OMG!!
Proud Yankee
abbeysroadhome
c

Post by abbeysroadhome »

LOL! Dude, you ever put a boat in the water, what happened? It got some scuff marks! That's it, no gouges, no dents, no ABS showing, no wear under the saddle & it is perfect woodwork. "Almost like new". No, not from the Valley, from the ATL & like Caption's myself. Love boat, it just freakin' hurts!

George
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Hi George,

Just curious, how big are you that find the boat not to work for you?

Pat.

p.s. I'd buy that boat for around $1,100 (does that include airbags?). I recently bought one just like it (but vinyl gunwales) for about that. As advertised, good boats, good condition, well outfitted, and you're not going find more like it, so if you're looking for a Dagger Ocoee, cough it up! Too bad it's purple. The red ones are way cooler.
Last edited by yarnellboat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
abbeysroadhome
c

Post by abbeysroadhome »

It's not size/weight as much as kneeling height. My knees can't deal with it. I love the boat, it's just torture. Cartilage removal in both knees & age has taken it's toll somewhere. I will grudgingly admit a few things to that issue.

Purple? No I now think purple is cool. Like I said, it's one of a disappearing kind. Like the smoke from that torpedo, they will soon just go up & fade away! :)
Stingray
C Guru

Post by Stingray »

good luck, like new huh, when gunnels have gray in them like those do, their almost like rutting,
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

That's the OLD Royalex... which imo was the "good stuff" fwiw.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
abbeysroadhome
c

Post by abbeysroadhome »

The gunnels have no gray, just well oiled & maintained ash & mahogany. Jealous? :)
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I was thinking it was a stretch to say they were gray based on what appear to be cameraphone pix (or reduced resolution by Craigslist) - what appears to be gray to one could easily be glare...
Stingray
C Guru

Post by Stingray »

OK I'll except that about the photo, yes a little jealous, my ocoee has the old heavy hollow vinyl still, need to fix that, the boats look so much nicer with wood