Looking for gunwales for a dagger Impulse

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

greybear
C Guru

Looking for gunwales for a dagger Impulse

Post by greybear »

I have a dagger impulse hull but no gunwales. Looking for either vinyl or wood or anything similar length would work.
rivercowboy
C Boater

Re: Looking for gunwales for a dagger Impulse

Post by rivercowboy »

Mad River used to sell replacement gunwales for canoes in both wood and vinyl.
http://www.madrivercanoe.com/dealer_locator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check for a dealer in your local area and contact them.

Mohawk used to see vinyl gunwales also. You might want to give them a call and see if you can purchase a set.
mohawkcanoes.com

All you need to know is the length, estimate longer than you need since you won't want to stretch them.

I made some from sassafras that we got from a sawmill and planed down to fit the boat. They are beautiful.

Good luck!
Charlie Wilkerson
ACA Certified Whitewater Canoe Instructor
Dickson, TN
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Suggest you take a look at Ed's sectional ash gunwale system.

http://www.edscanoe.com/14kndogusy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cramersec
C Boater

Post by cramersec »

I went to a cabinet shop and asked them to cut me 4 1"x1" pieces of ash 14' long. Then I used a router to round the upper outer edge. This was for a glass Edge. Worked fine, and not very expensive.

Steve
Silent Bob
C Guru

Post by Silent Bob »

If you can't find long boards, joining shorter ones with a scarf joint will be plenty strong. That part of the world, there's bound to be a little cabinet shop that could rip a few 3/4 x 3/4 strips for you.

-Bob