Sold: Jefe Grande C1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Will E.
c

Sold: Jefe Grande C1

Post by Will E. »

Used Liquid Logic Jefe Grande C1 for sale.
Badass Foam C1 saddle.
475$
Will Ship

Last edited by Will E. on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
alexandre larochelle

Re: Jefe Grande C1 for sale. 475$

Post by alexandre larochelle »

Is your boat still for sale? Where are you located. I live in Ste-Agathe-Des-Monts, 1 hour north of Montréal. Will be ready to pay half of the shipping depending on how much it will cost to ship it at my place. Is it possible to have pictures? Is the boat crack or still in good shape?

Thanks!
Will E.
c

Re: Photos Added: Jefe Grande C1 for sale.

Post by Will E. »

Hi Alexandre,
Boat is still for sale. In good shape and ready to paddle.
I live in Arkansas USA, so its a bit far to Montréal. However I have sold a boat to someone not to far from you so I know its possible.
If you PM me your address I can get a quote and let you know our shipping options.

Thanks Will
alexandre larochelle

Re: Photos Added: Jefe Grande C1 for sale.

Post by alexandre larochelle »

Thanks for the pictures. I am sorry but i will pass my turn.
leclercraven
C Guru

Re: : Jefe Grande C1 for sale.

Post by leclercraven »

Interested. Could you explain to me what a Badass Foam C1 saddle is? Is it possible to remove the back support to access the stern? Also , from the pictures, it looks like there are two pieces of foam for the thighs but I can't figure out if they are part of a strap or if they are directly attached to something else?
C1NCR
C Boater

Post by C1NCR »

Still available?
Will E.
c

Post by Will E. »

I ordered the boat in a few years ago from Quachita Outdoor Outfitters without the seat and no drilled holes. The boat came with the plastic back bone and the front and rear foam pillars. I set the boat up with a few main goals in mind. I wanted to keep the LL style with a super comfortable seat, while still keeping the structural support that may have been lost with removing the seat as well as having the access to the front and rear for loads of gear on the overnight trips. I constructed the seat using the same type of foam used in LL pillars. The main 4” section in the center of the seat is tied to the main pillar in the front and rear of the boat. This section fits into the plastic support back bone in the same way as the front and rear pillars do. This main section is what I built everything else off of. I then glued more foam to the sides of the Main pillar to form a seat. The seat is generously sculpted for a seating load distribution to help with circulation to the legs. The seat is contoured from the lower back down to the inner thigh. The contour down the inner thigh adds support to the leg and helps to remove pressure from the knees. Meaning greater comfort and less fatigue. Using the same 4” foam are knee blocks that are contoured and wrap around both sides of the knee. These are located on the bottom of the boat and allow you to apply pressure to the inside and out during the odd maneuvers needed in C1 style. The two pads that you noted with the straps are free floating pads that are wedged on top of the thighs right above the knee. These are keep in place using kayak end float air bags. This part is hard to explain, but if you have ever paddled a Esquif Taureau it is the same concept of keeping pressure on top of the legs. Here I’m just using air bags instead of contoured foam or straps to apply the pressure need to keep you in the boat. Using contoured foam here instead of airbags I found limited my access to the front of the boat. The rear part of the seat is contoured to match the cockpit rim for a snug fit and does flip up out of the way to provide access to the rear of the boat and is also leached to the boat to prevent a yard sale during a unforeseen swim. This is kind of hard for me to explain, but I hope it answers your question, and I believe you will be very impressed with the badass outfitting.

Thanks for showing interest.
Will
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Hey Will, Any chance this could make it to the ACC Rendezvous this weekend? I don't plan on buying a C1, but you never know... /:)

Thanks,
Shep
Will E.
c

Post by Will E. »

Hey Shep.
Really wish I could, BUT... I have a wedding I must attend this weekend
crossforward

Post by crossforward »

Hi is the boat still available by any chance??

I live in Ontario but I could ship it to friends in Illinois.

Thanks
Will E.
c

Post by Will E. »

Yes, boat is still for sale.
I will work with you to get it to Illinois.