A Few Canoe Paddles FS/FT (Boats are gone)

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

mr ray
C Guru

A Few Canoe Paddles FS/FT (Boats are gone)

Post by mr ray »

Boats are sold! Paddles still available. Willing to ship...

Hello,

I have a 2008 Bell Ocoee in near new condition. Its red, has Mike Yee outfitting including the thigh straps and bag cages, vinyl gunwales, pedestal. No bags, but I could throw in some beater bags (useable slow leakers). Could also work a pump system into the deal. It was purchased new, paddled on the Nantahala twice, on a lake twice. That's it. The owner hurt his back right after that and stored it in climate controlled garage since. I bought it from him and tucked it away for a rainy day ;-). Never paddled it. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell, but will for the right price. Willing to deal with shipping. Plus I have a paddle buddy who travels to Ga / Tn / NC fairly often. $1200 or best offer. Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/1003965799 ... 066/Ocoee#
(the Prelude is for sale too...:-)

Original Sawyer Stingray: A different league from the current Stingray. I have 2, and was going to keep this one for when the old one wore out, but I need the cash. 59", Beefy and BEAUTIFUL, new old stock, never used. Does have a few minor scuffs from storage, but definitely never been in the water. It has a beefy glass rock guard tip, a huge spooned blade, an indexed shaft, and an ergonomically contoured T-grip (thumb groove). $175

Aquabound Edge: 61 5/8" (yikes!), white plastic blade, black fiberglass shaft. Used only 2-3 times. Shaft looks shiny new, blade mostly does but tip shows use (not wear). $75

Perception ???: Beastly paddle. Yellow "Werner-esque" shaped plastic T-grip, blue fiberglass shaft, white blade. 57". Unused, some scuffs from storage but never used to paddle. This thing is beefy. Huge, long and wide blade. Don't know model. Looks like a Werner Nantahala on steroids. Does not appear to be a budget paddle: $75

I took some pics with my phone and uploaded them to Picasa. There is a Werner Bandit blade in there so you can judge relative size:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1003965799 ... 5599460018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Ray
Last edited by mr ray on Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Daddy-O
Pain Boater

Re: A Couple Canoe Paddles FS

Post by Daddy-O »

pm sent
mr ray
C Guru

Re: A Few Canoe Paddles FS

Post by mr ray »

Updated...

...and Daddy-O, our agreement still stands. Please get in touch if that has changed on your end.
mr ray
C Guru

Re: Nice Bell Ocoee & A Few Canoe Paddles FS/FT

Post by mr ray »

Added Ocoee...
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

pm sent
Flip756
c

Post by Flip756 »

PM sent as well
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Wish I had the cash for the Sawyer...great looking paddle.
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

Todhunter wrote:Wish I had the cash for the Sawyer...great looking paddle.
I wish I had the cash to keep it! Pics really don't do it justice.
gth426a
C Boater

Post by gth426a »

Have Option. PM sent. Might be interested in Sawyer as well. Still haven't gotten a wooden canoe paddle (although looks like the Sawyer might be a better ornament).
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

Everything still available! Will entertain offers but I'm not in a huge rush to sell.
woodsy
c

Post by woodsy »

PM sent 11/18
woodsy
c

Post by woodsy »

I'm pretty sure the Edge paddle can be cut down. I have the same paddle in a 56" and really like it on rocky rivers.
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

I've successfully shortened an AW edge similar to the one described. Heating up the shaft just below the grip followed by downward vertical force while the T-grip is held tight separated the grip from the shaft. A heat gun would probably work best, but I was actually able to make do with a hair dryer on "high." After cutting down the shaft, you can re-attach the original grip with epoxy.

John
Daddy-O
Pain Boater

Post by Daddy-O »

... i would still like the perception paddle, if you kept my number please shoot me a call when you come up to run Nanny, Ocoee, Noli, or the anything hereabouts. Bring some rain with you if you could...
cgillon

Post by cgillon »

Do you still have the bell ocoee for sale? Very interested