For Sale - Perception outfitting. Currently attached to Sage

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

For Sale - Perception outfitting. Currently attached to Sage

Post by Sir Adam »

A few years back my white Perception Sage met a rock. Not too hard, but the hull cracked. Still intact, but IIRC it leaks now.

Sure, I can cut it up and toss it out.

BUT, there is a bit of foam (ethafoam in this vintage) for the saddle, not to mention decent thigh straps and some other hardware (including an aftermarket drain plug!).

So, if you want an old beast to pull a mold off of (why I have no idea, though its forward speed surprised me), or just want the hardware and outfitting, it's yours.

No takers by the end of September and it's to the dump with it (or perhaps I'll try and recycle it:) ).

PM or e-mail me through the board.

Boat is in upstate NY (Lake George / Saratoga Springs area).

I could be tempted to meet someone in Albany.
Keep the C!
Adam
ezwater
C Maven

Re: For Sale - Perception outfitting. Currently attached to

Post by ezwater »

The trash men wouldn't take my cracked Sage when I just put it by the curb. I had to cut it up and stick the pieces standing up inside a garbage can. :o

My Sage pedestal went inside a slightly used Phoenix c-1, and I still have one of the Sage walls.

All that was back about 1984.

The Sage was pretty fast, maybe a bit faster than my Hahn. But that was because the Sage was rounder than the Hahn, and for that reason the Sage didn't handle as well.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I've always thought the design might make a good tripper.

Likes to go straight:)

To me it really does feel like a canoe that was decked over. The bow and stern even look the part.

I'm glad I have a replacement in the "collection" now. It is good to take out now and again. This one looks great (not faded, still has striping), but that old white plastic just didn't hold up. Of course, it is about 30 years old... and as you pointed out yours didn't last quite that long....
Keep the C!
Adam
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Lasted about 5 years, and then I felt cold water coming up between my feet. My Sage was known as "Miss Piggy" in our Georgia c-1 circle. A friend was always trying to sell me his Atlantis. "Try this, and you'll throw rocks at that Sage!" But I was too big for most Noah c-1 cockpits.

Then he tried his Slasher on the Ocoee and flipped half a dozen times before we got to Double Suck. There are some advantages to pig boats.