any c-2's for sale out there?

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

JFD
C Guru

any c-2's for sale out there?

Post by JFD »

just curious what's available. Looking for a river cruiser/attainment boat for me and my 3 year old. Not sure exactly what type of boat would be best, but want something that I could still get a good workout with him up front. decked boat preferred. Located in Asheville, NC, willing to travel a bit if needed.
thanks, jay
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Re: any c-2's for sale out there?

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

JFD wrote: . . . willing to travel a bit if needed. . .
Here's a stretch: (dunno if the 'north-west' qualifies as 'a bit',) but. . .

I have a decked C-2, home-built from a club mould in the '70s, straight fiberglass, in good shape. Around 15' in length. Foam saddles. C/W mickey-mouse spray decks. It's fun to paddle, and surfs well. If you can give it a good home, and promise to paddle it, it's yours for $200.

Message me for pix.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
LEW
C Guru

Post by LEW »

I have a Patriot C2, built by Valley Mill Boats. It is in very good condition, a fast and responsive boat. Cockpits are offset for Stern right/Bow left. Paid $400.00 used and have caused very little wear since.
I am reluctant to sell, but my partner says we need to reduce (make space for new boats). I can send photos if you are interested.
LEW
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

Thanks for the replies. Northwest is a little too far, but thanks for the info. I'd be interested in seeing pix of the Patriot. NY is still far away but I have some friends in that direction and could maybe work out some kind of relay delivery if necessary. My email is jackditty at mac.com.
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

here is one (not mine)

http://wisconsin.sportingshopper.com/sp ... canoe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adam Trunnell
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Hi, Jay. I have the Soileau's Deadline c-2 that's just sitting around. Lots of volume (big volume) and cockpits are offset (righty-bow; lefty-stern). Hull and deck are in great shape. I think it's design is a little more turny than the Patriot though it does attain well. PM me if you want pics.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
BillP
C Boater

Post by BillP »

I can vouch for the Hydra Duet (like the one in Wisconsin). I'm working on one now for the same reason as you (my 6 year old granddaughter will be my bow partner). It'll be a couple of weeks before mine is ready for the water, but you're welcome to try it out (I'm in Clemson).
4rkintheroad
c

Post by 4rkintheroad »

This boat is for sale on craigslist in Maryville TN. It is a Seda C-2. It would say '80s vintage. The price is $150.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/3863493981.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

I would say early 70s vintage rather than 80s.

Center-cockpit C-2s had already come on strong in the mid-70s with the Gemini series. Late 70s into the early 80s the Paramax & ParamaxII were the dominant C-2s. By the 83' race season newer C-2s like the Torrent (followed by the TorrentXL in '84), the Triumph, and other designs were appearing.

Judging by the photo, that Seda model seems to be somewhere between true end-hole C-2s of the prior era and true center-cockpit C-2s like the Gemini and later boats.

John
watermite

Post by watermite »

Greetings! I have a Torrent C-2 gathering dust - I'd be glad to sell it (see attached picture). This design is from ca. 1983, and was made primarily for mixed teams - the upper combined weight limit for paddlers is about 315 pounds (it gets progressively more twitchy the more you push it above 300). We were 145 (bow) & 155 (stern), and it was incredibly responsive. Its a super sleek, minimal boat, a blast for a light pair of adults - and with a child in the bow, its very easy to control, more like paddling a slalom C-1.
I'm located in Ithaca NY. I'm not sure what to ask for it: we used it for 1-2 race seasons, and its been hanging in a garage ever since. Its an old design, and has been banged up from racing, but its still sound. It was built by John Sweet (Nittany Valley Boats), the lay-up is S-glass & nylon in vinyl ester.
Attachments
Torrent C-2 for sale
Torrent C-2 for sale
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Nice looking boat, watermite!

We sold our Torrent a few years ago, but still paddle the TorrentXL that we built in '84.

John
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

watermite wrote:I'm located in Ithaca NY.
Ithica - a stunningly beautiful part of the country! Been up there twice, once for work and once for pleasure.
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles