WTB: Composite Whitewater Tandem Racing Canoe

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Fleetwalker
C Boater

WTB: Composite Whitewater Tandem Racing Canoe

Post by Fleetwalker »

I know the whitewater side of the sport is currently dominated by short plastic boats, but I am actually in the market for the exact opposite: a good tandem whitewater racing canoe. That means something in the 18' range, composite, and relatively lightweight. Examples include (without limitation) the Jensen designs (Whitewater II, WWX, WWXX). If you are interested in selling one of the few Woodsheds that were produced, please let me know. I'll consider a boat that need some repair work, but I'd prefer a boat that is in raceable condition. I'm located in Granby, Connecticut, so I'm probably looking for something in New England, New York, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania. I'd like something $1000 or less, but if you have the boat of the world we can talk.

Oh, the boat needs to meet the ACA downriver racing specifications, so it can't have a built-in bailer or a pump.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: WTB: Composite Whitewater Tandem Racing Canoe

Post by Sir Adam »

Any interest in a Sawyer Champion II (Kevlar)?

I picked it up from Kaz a few years ago; it's been a great boat, but we just picked up a new Savage River Blackhawk for tripping.

We had intended to keep the Champ II around for folks to paddle with us, but are realizing it will just sit around.

e-mail or PM me if it meets what you are looking for.
Keep the C!
Adam
Fleetwalker
C Boater

Re: WTB: Composite Whitewater Tandem Racing Canoe

Post by Fleetwalker »

I have found something that I think will work for us. Now I'm just hoping it will arrive in time for the ACA Downriver Nationals, and that we don't crash and burn trying to paddle it.

For what it's worth, I will say that my search leads me to believe there is a market out there for a downriver racing boat along the lines of the Wenonah Whitewater XX (something a bit more stable perhaps). The market may not be huge, but it's significantly bigger than just me. Sadly, my understanding is that the Whitewater XX mold was destroyed by snow years ago. Something to think about for all you boat builders out there.