Mad River ME for sale $250

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TroutScout
c

Mad River ME for sale $250

Post by TroutScout »

Selling my Mad River ME. Made in Waitsfield, VT with a Royalex hull, ash gunnels and maple thwarts, its 15’2” long, 62 lbs, red. A classic, older whitewater slalom design. It’s highly rockered, turns on a dime and makes a great cruising river canoe. Has 3 kneeling thwarts with 3 sets of foam knee pads, so it can be paddled tandem or solo. I bought it used a couple years ago to paddle tandem, but never used it much. Always stored hanging upside down in my basement. The hull is in good condition, with normal river scratches and some small gouges (1-2 inches long). No cracks, holes, or other major damage, but there are a couple dents on the stems. The hull does not look like it was ever wrapped. The ash gunnels are in good condition and treated with Watco oil. I also replaced all the gunnel screws, air bag cages and grab loops. There were some minor repair issues when I bought it a few years ago. A 3” section of the inner gunnel under the deck plate on the starboard side was rotted. I removed the damaged section and replaced with a piece of maple, butted to the gunnel and screwed into the deck plate (see picture). It came with cracked bow and stern skid plates, which caused some surface damage to the Royalex at the stems. I repaired them West Systems G-Flex epoxy. Then painted the entire boat red (original color was maroon) with several coats of “outdoor plastics” spraypaint. It’s solid now. Also, there were rope and fabric “loops” epoxied to the floor instead of D-rings. They looked ugly and not as functional. So I removed them, and sanded the surface as flat as possible (see pictures). Filled in the gaps with G-Flex, sanded it flat as possible and painted them gray (see pictures). So it now can be custom-outfitted with a saddle or just thigh straps and foot blocks. Boat is in central CT. I’m willing to travel part of the distance to deliver. $250. Thanks for looking, Paul

Click link for pictures:
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipO ... viAInyZigp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by TroutScout on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sday207
c

Re: Mad River ME for sale

Post by sday207 »

Very interested. How far are you from Portland, ME?
TroutScout
c

Post by TroutScout »

About 3 hours. Could meet about halfway.
JCJim
c

Post by JCJim »

Hi Paul, sent you a pm. Jim
TroutScout
c

Re: Mad River ME for sale: PRICE DROP

Post by TroutScout »

New price: $300
TroutScout
c

Re: Mad River ME for sale $250

Post by TroutScout »

Bump.
TroutScout
c

Post by TroutScout »

Boat is SOLD.
openboat1@icloud.com
c

Post by openboat1@icloud.com »

I am interested in buying your ME. Still got it for sale?