WTB solo canoe - downriver and I-II+ ww

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kouk

WTB solo canoe - downriver and I-II+ ww

Post by kouk »

I'm looking for a multi-purpose solo boat. I know, I know, if it can do everything it won't do anything particularly well. I just don't have the money or space for a fleet, so I'll do my best.

I'm not a beginner, but I have been on dry land for a while. I've just moved to West Virginia and I'm not sure what kind of paddling I'll get into here. Surely a lot of down-river day trips, but I love whitewater and, furthermore, I don't want to rule out camping trips (overnights, 3-days). I want to keep ww options open and don't mind leaning to keep a squirrely boat straight on patches of flat water. Hoping not to lug around something too heavy, but I'm realistic. Your suggestions and offers are welcome!

Perhaps you have something in the 13ft-14ft range like a...
Mad River Guide
Mad River/Millbrook Flashback
Dagger Ladyslipper

Secondarily, I'm looking to meet boaters in West Virginia. I'm in Tucker/Randolph county.

bkoukopoulosatgmaildotcom

Thank you!
Last edited by kouk on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackhawk
C Boater

Re: WTB solo canoe - downriver and I-II+ ww

Post by Blackhawk »

I have information & photos of Mad River Flashback models I & II, but I see no way to send you a private message.

BOB
Roy
C Guru

Post by Roy »

You should buy this boat:

https://www.cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic ... &t=7969910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right boat, price, location.

Roy
surfenstein
c

Post by surfenstein »

kouk wrote: Secondarily, I'm looking to meet boaters in West Virginia. I'm in Tucker/Randolph county.
have you met anyone from West Virginia Wild Water Association?
http://www.wvwa.net
someone there is getting a trip together on a II/III stretch of the Upper New almost every weekend.
used-up/broke-down/burnt-out/all-in
kouk

Post by kouk »

Thanks everyone, good leads and advice!
col. mustard
C Boater

Post by col. mustard »

I've got a barely used viper 12 (maybe 5 class 2 trips). Blue with bulkhead saddle. Stored indoors. 850.00 w/out bags, 950.00 w/bags. In chattanooga.