WTB: low volume squirt C-1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

wwh
c

WTB: low volume squirt C-1

Post by wwh »

Hi! I'm looking for a low volume squirt c-1. I'm about 150-155 plus gear. Located in Vermont. Thank you for your consideration.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: WTB: low volume squirt C-1

Post by Sir Adam »

I don't have any for sale, but if you want to try out a few different models to see what you like I'm just over in NY (Glens Falls / Queensbury area).

I have the following squirt boats you (or anyone) are welcome to try out here on the river (flatwater / slow moving, but it's water!):
Acrobat (master cut)
Acrobat (standard cut)
Edge
Maven
Mentor
Oxygen

I believe the only other two c1 squirt boats out there are the Aerobat (if anyone has one for sale let me know!) and Ceemweaver (I think only one in existence).

I believe molds for all of the boats still exist (though I'm not likely to make another Maven).
Keep the C!
Adam
wwh
c

Post by wwh »

Sir Adam,

I would enjoy meeting you sometime and taking you up on your generous offer! I'm about an hour and a half away.

I used to own a full-cut Acrobat that I eventually shortened and a second-hand Oxygen that I've probably logged a thousand hours in. That said, I gave away most of my quiver when I stopped C-boating due to injury more than 15 years ago. It was a necessary move at the time, but I think I'm capable of moderation now! A squirt boat is probably my best bet to return to the sport without a great deal of travel.

Thanks,

Wright
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

It would great to meet you as well - I'm glad you are able to get back in to CBoating! If you are who I think you are it would be an honor to meet you actually:)

If you are thinking about coming down this way just PM me through this board (same with anyone else reading this) and we'll see what we can come up with.

I'd recommend getting another Acrobat as it is probably what you'll have the most fun with (though the Oxygen is always amusing...).

If you are serious about downtime IMhO you have two boats to choose from - Ceemweaver and Mentor. There are only 2 Mentor's out there, but I have the mold....
Keep the C!
Adam
wwh
c

Post by wwh »

Adam, it's I who'll be honored to meet you. Your actions are those of an ambassador for the sport. I'll send you a PM later. Thanks again.
wwh
c

Post by wwh »

Thanks to Sir Adam's efforts and connections my needs have been met for the moment, but I still might be interested in another boat at some time. I'm now the proud owner of my 2nd Oxygen (of the 12-13? ever built) after giving my first one away. Given how rare this boat is underscores how cool the community on this board is to help make the impossible happen. Thank you so much!