Viper c-1 For Sale

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

KNeal-less

Viper c-1 For Sale

Post by KNeal-less »

255633_220339787988411_7882240_n.jpg
This is the one boat I do not want to let go off but I have to since I cannot paddle it anymore. The Viper is one of the best low-volume decked c-1’s for river running and play and is being sold for $200. This boat has been my go-to boat for high water runs on the James River (in Richmond, Va.) down to the Reedy Creek takeout and for other runs on rivers with up to class 4 rapids (think, normal flows in the New River Gorge, Cheat River, and Lower Yough). More competent boaters than I would run the Viper down the Lower and Upper Gauley. The low volume stern has been an absolute blast to squirt, and the boat is very controllable when near vertical. John Franchella (the boat’s designer) was very kind in providing me detailed information for refurbishing the stress cracks in the hull and replacing the outside seam tape. I believe this boat has a half-inch cut out of the volume and has watertight integrity, but a bungee type sprayskirt may keep water from leaking into the cockpit better than a sprayskirt with a rand. The cockpit is outfitted with knee braces, a saddle and Mad Dog hip huggers. Cockpit takes an Atom-sized sprayskirt. The thigh strap anchors on the hull may need to be redone. Price is final at $200 and I am willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet. I forget how to attach images so message me and I will figure out how to get them to you. Facebook users can see images here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1475956 ... 1826256429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KNeal-less
"There is nothing, my friend, nothing half so much fun as simply messing about in boats."

KNeal-less
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Re: Viper c-1 For Sale

Post by poetry_heckler »

Any chance your Viper is still available? I've got a couple bills burning a hole in my pocket.
ASPIRIN SANDWICH