FS - Mad River Legend 16 Charlottesville, VA - SOLD

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

wonkus_donkus

FS - Mad River Legend 16 Charlottesville, VA - SOLD

Post by wonkus_donkus »

canoe1.jpg
Selling my Royalex Mad River Legend 16 canoe. I bought this boat brand new from Appomattox River Company in 2016 and have used it very little since. It is in excellent condition. It has mostly seen lake duty, with only a few trips down the river. I have outfitted knee pads and end bags for more serious whitewater, but I've never had it in anything over Class II. It tracks fairly well for boat with this much rocker and is very maneuverable. I paddle it solo and don't find it to be too difficult. It is very stable, particularly secondary stability. Furthermore, you can fit everything but the kitchen sink in it on a camping trip and still expect to stay dry in the rapids. I stored it inside most of the time I have owned it, and I am vigilant with 303 UV protectant. There are some light scratches on the bottom of the hull, but nothing serious.
I recently bought an Old Town Appalachian and have decided to let this one go.
PM me for more details. Thanks!
$1500 or best offer.

More photos are available on Craigslist: https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/ ... 59699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
canoe7.jpg