OC1 Rodeo Boats

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

OC1 Rodeo Boats

Post by adkSara »

OC1 Rodeo Boats
by Mike
Hey out there,
Looking for general information on OC1 Rodeo boats. The ususal...performance, pro's, con's, price point for used(in good shape)...for Savage Skeeter, Quake, Aftershock and Spanishfly. Specifically, I have my eye on a Skeeter, but would appreciate feedback on the others also.
Thanks a heap for any experiences you have to offer.
Cheers,
Mike

Posted on Dec 3, 2002, 2:52 PM

older ones...
by James
I paddled a skeeter quite a bit, and a quake and aftershock a little. Skeeter: great river running playboat, can be used as a creekboat, but won't do the latest and greatest moves without some significant difficulty. Front surfing: great, but doesn't carve very agressively due to soft chines. Could side surf for weeks on end. Green wave spins: I could never do one, with a foam pile I could turn the boat around into backsurfs etc. Likely similar situation for the quake. Aftershock and newer boats: easier to cartwheel (I hear...), looser to spin around. All three are very wet rides, expect to dump water ALOT. Was always tempted to put a giantic sprayskirt on one of these boats, anyone ever try that?

Posted on Dec 4, 2002, 7:27 AM

Superfly
by canoeman
The Superfly rocks. I had a skeeter before. It was fun and okay for creeking but dog slow and very tippy. The fly is much more stable and faster, plus the smaller ends make endering and other verticle moves much easier. I understand the Spanish fly is only a slight design change from the original Savage boat. Spanish flies are expensive and Superflies are hard to find. I have used mine on larger water (upper Ocoee) and some creeks. It is an absolute blast for surfing in big holes. If you can find one for $500 snatch it up.

Posted on Dec 16, 2002, 3:17 PM
adkSara