Esquif Avalon - Opions needed.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dave

Esquif Avalon - Opions needed.

Post by Dave »

Hey all,
I hope eveyone is looking forward to getting back to the water as much as I am.

With the excitment of the paddling season coming I am getting the excitment of purchasing some new canoes for the camp where I work as the Director of Outtripping.

I will give you all a little histroy about the camps programs. We have a variety of programs ranging from 1 day trips to 11 day trips. Most trips are 3 -5 days. We do not to very much white water but some basic skill are covered with the older groups.

Presently we are using a fleet of Grummans. Last week I was at a paddle show and the Esquif Avalon was suggest to me as an alternative. I was hoping someone of you may be able to give me some feedback on it. We are looking for a few main things in our boats.
1) They must be light enough for young kids to carry
2) They must be durrable - We have grummans from 1980 still in good shape
3) They must track well (keels are good for kids)
4) PRICE - they must be afforable.

Now on a side note for those of you thinking this camp is boaring. We do have a fleet of royalex boats for our white water program. These boats will be used for the canoe tripping programs.

Any feedback on the Avalon would be great. Thanks all! Happy paddling.

Dave

Post by Guest »

Hi Dave, Sorry I have never paddled the Avalon. But I do own their Detonator, Blast and the Canyon. Esquif makes some really good boats, and I would think the Avalon would meet your needs. You should post your question on the Canadian canoe routes, www.myccr.com You may have better luck there.

Al