how was the Hudson Armada?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by James
So how did the Hudson Armada turn out? Kipawa river festival saw a number of OC1s and C1s, great level, big water fun.
Posted on Jun 25, 2002, 10:20 AM

Hudson Armada:)
by Sir Adam
8 Boaters (two OC's) down the Gorge...it was GREAT! Hudson was at 4' or so, shuttle provided by a local outfitter, a few nice surfs, but mostly just getting to talk to other CBoaters as usual! Surprisingly (ahem!) the "usual suspects" were no where in site-the only previous Armada attendee was me! The rest were new to Armada's, and had a great time (perhaps they'll post here! (Jim? Dave? Bill? Chuck?).). Most actually found the Armada from the Northeast Paddlers Message Board site!

C-ya IN the Rivah!
Sir Adam
P.S. Yes, of COURSE I took my acrobat down the gorge. C1 Squirt...B1 with the river...C1B1!
Posted on Jun 26, 2002, 7:46 AM

Armada
by Kelly-Rand
As the designated swimmer I had a blast in and out of my Atom. I was in the company of skilled paddlers who were able to nudge me or the boat to the nearest eddy quite readily. That said the gorge is spectacular both in terrain and the pace of movement down river. My knees held out to the end so I believe I can do it again.
til next
jim
Posted on Jun 26, 2002, 10:00 AM
Keep the C!
Adam