Maximum weight for CUFLY?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

leclercraven
C Guru

Maximum weight for CUFLY?

Post by leclercraven »

What is the maximum paddler's weight for a CUFLY? I'm 185 lbs.
hankrankin
C Guru

Re: Maximum weight for CUFLY?

Post by hankrankin »

In the grand scheme of Playboats, regardless of being open, its a large boat. The bigger you are the easier it will be to throw the ends down and make it more playful. At 185 i think it would be playful and still plenty stable (remember i'm using 'stable' relative to playboats, not stable relative to a L'edge). take this for what its worth, i'm 160ish and paddle mostly decked boats
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

I am 210 before I start getting dressed and always use a drysuit. Cufly floats me fine and is a very stable boat side surfing. That being said if you lean foward much crossing an eddy line you may find yourself doing an ender on the eddy line.

I love my Cufly for what it is- a play machine.
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
leclercraven
C Guru

Post by leclercraven »

Thanks guys.
dwinchester
Pain Boater

Post by dwinchester »

I'm 185lbs and my CU floats me just fine. It's a lot more stable than you might think just by looking at it. I find it tougher to roll than a lot of oc-1's though. Still a lot of fun to paddle and a short plastic boat comes in handy when the river gets boney!
leclercraven
C Guru

Post by leclercraven »

dwinchester wrote:I'm 185lbs and my CU floats me just fine. It's a lot more stable than you might think just by looking at it. I find it tougher to roll than a lot of oc-1's though. Still a lot of fun to paddle and a short plastic boat comes in handy when the river gets boney!
Not the first time I hear that the CUFLY is hard to roll. How hard is hard? I'm mean, when you're playboating, you flip a lot... and not being able to roll is not a good thing! I'm considering buying one but if it's that hard to roll then... I did have a C1 once that was really wobbly, but at least it was easy to roll.
dwinchester
Pain Boater

Post by dwinchester »

leclercraven-

I may not be the best person to comment on it since my roll is kinda shaky sometimes but it is tougher to roll than my old outrage and much tougher than my converted Fun C1. Not that its impossible, just unforgiving of my sometimes imperfect form!

On the plus side- since it is so stable, I don't need to roll it as often...
leclercraven
C Guru

Post by leclercraven »

dwinchester wrote:leclercraven-

I may not be the best person to comment on it since my roll is kinda shaky sometimes but it is tougher to roll than my old outrage and much tougher than my converted Fun C1. Not that its impossible, just unforgiving of my sometimes imperfect form!

On the plus side- since it is so stable, I don't need to roll it as often...
Less stable, easier roll -- More stable, tougher roll... Gotcha!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

leclercraven wrote:
Less stable, easier roll -- More stable, tougher roll... Gotcha!
Stable while right side up can equal stable while upside down.