Pump system: What I cobbled together

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

Hello mr ray.

My current Ocoee is leaking almost as much water from below as my poor paddling technique is causing it to leak from above. Suffice to say, as an example, I ran the twin Attwoods HARD on a run this past Saturday on a goof off run which included a few gunnel-full adventures.

My Werker brand WKA12-2.3F was still running strong at the end of the day.

It weighs about two pounds and as the name suggests is rated for 2.3 amp/hours.

Ken Dubel
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

Thanks, Ken. Good to know!
-Ray
phreon
CBoats Addict

FWIW....

Post by phreon »

Seems like my pump system is a solid design except for one flaw. Only needed it once on the LY this past weekend when I FUBARed my line around Snaggletooth (River's End) and went for a ride w/o my boat.

The pump system works great except it sucks air long before the boat is empty. The working theory is it's doing such a great job that a vortex forms on the inlet and creates a path for air long before we get pumped down. I need to figure out a way to break this phenomena.

Either way you look at the pump debate and even with the current flaw, the pump assisted the friendly folks who recovered and ferried my boat back to me. Worth it in my book.

Doug

P.S. I use the same Werker battery to run my Rule 1100. I'll let you know if I ever run it out.