North Branch Armada April 27-29th 2007 Roll Call

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

!! Present !!

The Cheat run on Friday looks good (The narrows section right?) / NBP on Saturday. Anyone heading south doing the Shenandoah / or Maury on Sunday ?...Will be getting up that way late Thursday evening...
SYOTR
Brendan
C Guru

aramda time!

Post by Brendan »

Bob Gunst and I will car pool up on Friday- meet at the Cquirt place. I'd like to get there for the Yough morning run, but it ain't in the cards. It sounds like it will be camping along the Savage? Mike W.- if you have the room- throw the Foreplay in the back of your truck.
Brendan
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Just gotta survive 2 more days and then it's road-trip time to PAC's place!

I'll be bringing"
  • Deadline c-2 (for Friday on the Lower Yough with Martin :D )
    Squashed-stern Atom
    Viper c-1
    Riot plastic prototype Groove (squashed ends, of course :-? )
I am selling the Viper c-1. Condition is good and has Mad Dog hip pads and thigh straps.

Priced to go at $300.

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Team Canada/Shaggy will roll in late on Thursday, too.

Martin and Gwyn from Shaggy Designs will have Sith's and Pagan's for people to demo.

I will have my Acrobat and the Prelude with me.

If anyone has a 12ft boat like a Probe, Outrage or Rival in the $500 range for sale, let me know, a friend of minr is looking for one.

Cheers!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

As of now Squeaky and I are due in Thursday night, boats and keg in tow.

The forecast is calling for rain near Kitzmiller tomorrow through friday so if that's up we'll be running it friday.

Sat we'll be in a big ole yellah mustard turd colored raft on the Bloomington section.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Camping

Post by PAC »

Well with the NBofP release on and the Robert W Craig Campground not open yet (and yes I called again to make sure) the Savage seems to be the answer for camping. However there are limitation with the site and with the release scheduled sites at the white water section could be tight. So if folks that get there early (say Thursday or early Friday) can pick a site that the can share with later arrivals it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some details per the forset service.....

Camping - 9 primitive roadside sites are available at the white water section. Self register for these sites at the Headquarters Office or at self-registration sites on the forest. You must register for the campsite within the first hour of occupancy. Campsites are limited to no more than 6 people per site, and no more than two camping units (tent , dining canopy, pop up, RV, or combination thereof) and two vehicles per site. Leave No Trace standards apply. Campfires are permitted.

CU soon! Paul C.

PS: I'll have a Wheel Boy, Acrobat (full cut), Maven (Prototype) and XXX(smashed) with me. If anyone wants me to bring the Hydra Duet C2 let me know and I'll toss the pig on the car as well. :wink: Big Al might ride with me as well (if he wants to) which will most likely include a Zoom and maybe a Foreplay (smashed).
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

With the limited # of sites in the whitewater section, maybe we should go up above the lake. I'm guessing that I'll be the earliest getting there so I'll scope it out. I am open to suggestions so shoot 'em this way if you have a prefference, I'd really like for us to be close.

When & where are we meeting for the loop run on Friday?

Look for a blue GMC w/ an Acrobat & a Forplay on the rack. There will also be a 6' tall green dome tent & Kelty sunshade.

cell - 252-326-4057
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

martin wrote:Team Canada/Shaggy will roll in late on Thursday, too.

Martin and Gwyn from Shaggy Designs will have Sith's and Pagan's for people to demo.

Any idea what the cut on those boats may be?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

more...

Post by PAC »

Loop Run tentative plan - meeting between 8:45 and 9:15 (if things go as planned) at the "Boater's Parking Lot" across from the put in.

The "boater's changing house" is supposed to be open (but that is not always the case) - there is an additional changing / bath room across the street near the Falls overlook area.
We'll set up a quick shuttle and get going as quick as we can.

If the water is to big for some they can either hike the Loop or take a nice hike up Meadow Run. Right now the river is just under 6' (which is a fine level IMHO) but some might find it a tad pushy.

Mike - since you and maybe the "corn youth alliance" will be first on site for camping - you folks make the call. We'll back you up.

Paul C. cell 412 area code 310 and 6039.
Last edited by PAC on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
jim gross
CBoats Addict

the loop

Post by jim gross »

the level should be booming at the yough as it is pouring in the casselman drainage today. I,m heading to paddle class 3/4 on thurs and fri. Also bringing a full cut acrobat for $600.00 if any one is interested, a godzilla C-1 . and a tiny boat i made called the gross mobile. see yall saturday JIM 703 433 9233
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

loop

Post by ohioboater »

I'm crossing my fingers for the upper Big Sandy, so here's hoping it's pouring in that watershed, too - have always wanted to check that run out.

If I'm not at the loop putin by 9:15, don't wait around for me.
Gwyn
Pain Boater

Cut on Shaggy Design boats

Post by Gwyn »

[quote="mshelton"][quote="martin"]Team Canada/Shaggy will roll in late on Thursday, too.

[/quote]

Any idea what the cut on those boats may be?[/quote]

My Sith is a full volume boat, Martin B's is a 1cm chop. Martin B's Pagan is a full volume boat, as is the prototype that Martin will be paddling. Both the brand new boats that we are bringing are full volume boats.

Too many Martins! Hope that this helps.
Thanks
Gwyn Ashcroft
www.shaggydesigns.com
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Cut on Shaggy Design boats

Post by Mike W. »

[quote="GwynBoth the brand new boats that we are bringing are full volume boats[/quote]

What's the chance that one of these brand new boats is red w/ yellow & blue squiggles? :P :D :P :D :P :D
huge
C Boater

Armada or Bust!

Post by huge »

Southern Boat Express is heading north.
http://picasaweb.google.com/hugh.iodesi ... 9419367250

huge
huge
C Boater

What!?!?!?

Post by huge »

Anyone have any idea where my head is, cause this ain't workin.

huge