American Whitewater devoting issue to canoeists

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

AYockey
C Guru

American Whitewater devoting issue to canoeists

Post by AYockey »

I hope this isn't a repost, but here's a chance to turn the media tables. I'm not associated with AW in any way, I just happened to see this and decided to pass it along.

American Whitewater has heard a lot of comments in the past year from avid canoeists who want their voices to be heard in our publication. Well, we've been listening. This year, our September/October issue will be devoted solely to C-boaters. Now here's the important thing: we need your contribution to make this a successful issue. Send your stories and photos (please don't forget the captions & credits) about and of whitewater canoeing. We don't care if you're young or old, woman or man, tall or short, OC, C-1, or C-2--if you paddle a hard shell with a single blade, we want to hear from you! So start composing tales, taking photos, and interviewing legends. The deadline is less than two months away.

Please send all stories and photos to: editor@americanwhitewater.org
Deadline for submitting all materials is Friday, July 3rd.

P.S. Rafters, start dusting off your typewriters too. Our Inflatible issue is slated for November/December 2009, deadline, September 4th. We want to hear from you!

See original here. http://www.americanwhitewater.org//cont ... /id/30378/
"The mark of a successful man is one that has sat at his favorite playspot all day without feeling guilty about it."
-Modified Chinese Proverb
Louie

Post by Louie »

Kinda strange for the American Kayaker to do that.

Hey I can resummit my letter I wrote them, that the hole of an editor decided would never see the light of day