Filming at ALF

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Filming at ALF

Post by CosmikDebris »

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you all know I plan on doing a lot of filming for The Canoe Movie at ALF. My goal is to capture the spirit of both the event and the general canoeing community. I'd love to get as many interviews as I can with as many people who are willing just about who they are, why they came, how long they've been canoeing, etc...
The goal of the film is to capture the spirit of the canoeing community and in turn show the viewer how canoeing is more than just a hobby for many people, it's dedication and commitment to an activity that they love so much they're willing to come from all over the place to an event like this. I dare say 2010 is the year for a major canoe resurgence, with films like "This is Canoeing" and "The Canoe Movie" both coming out, I think we'll strike a chord with a lot of viewers. My hope is people who see it that may not canoe anymore but have in the past, or have never stepped foot in one, will be inspired to get back out there and give it a go. Covering an event like ALF will be a great way to capture this enthusiasm and hopefully pass it on to as many viewers as possible.
So you will see me roaming around with camera in hand, both on and off the river. I don't want to intrude on anyone's space, and if you feel that I am please let me know. I don't want to have a negative effect on anyone's experience, but I'm hoping to capture as much of the week as possible, so I'm going to be shooting a lot.
I'm really excited about this event and this film and hope that as a community, we can show the world why life is so good as a canoer. It's time for the canoe to get back on top. I look forward to seeing everyone out there, it's going to be a great week.
-Will
http://www.thecanoemovie.com

P.S. - I just put another post up on the website with a mockup for a two page spread we'll be running in Canoe & Kayak Magazine, check it out and let me know what you think.
raven3693
c

great another video on a dying sport wow

Post by raven3693 »

Whatever
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

read all of this guys posts....friendly little feller isn't he :)
Larry
Louie

Post by Louie »

he is a buttboater from Knoxville.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Poor raven dude (or dudette).

Poor POOR raven dude(tte). :D

He must not have many boaters to go with so he comes here to try and make angry us cboaters.

Sad raven dude(tte).

Sad SAD raven dude(tte)

Reminds me of that angry t-gripping dudette.

Hey Raven, you can see that I live in the Richmond Virginia area. We have a LOT of friendly boaters here that probably would go paddle with you. Why, even I would paddle with you. Let's hook up and you and I can go tandem in my Deadline. Too bad I can't make ALF (again :( ), otherwise, you and I could run some of the rivers and creeks and get ourselves on Will's video recordings! :P

Or you can sit in front of your computer at home and continue to live your life in virtual reality. Whatever is cool with you.

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Asheville, Louie, Asheville...
Louie

Post by Louie »

He moved, what is Chota goin to do?
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

CosmikDebris wrote:Asheville, Louie, Asheville...
oh limp wristed... that explains a lot!