Delirious as C1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Delirious as C1?

Post by the great gonzo »

Does anyone have experience with a Prijon Delirious as a C1? I have the opportunity to buy one that's already converted and the price is all right.
Is This boat any good as C1? I have seen good reviews of it as K1, but has anyone paddled it as C1?
Here my stats, 6'2", 180 lbs, am currently paddling an Atom C1 and a Prelude OC1 and want to move my C1 paddling up a notch.
Thanks for any input!

martin.

keep the open side up!
Kirill
c

Delirious C-1

Post by Kirill »

Hello Martin,

My friend in his first rodeo season started cartwheeling on his second session in a pool. Being converted in C-1 it remains the same perfect cartwheel-mashine.
We've got 2 C1 Delirious here in Russia and both owners are quite
happy with their boats.

With greetings from Russia,
Kirill
Aric
Pain Boater

delirious

Post by Aric »

The delirious is a great c-1 especially if you want to learn to cartwheel. The first time I cartwheeled I linked five clean ends on an eddyline in this boat. I didn't even know what I was doing. :lol:
as far as river running goes I find I have to pay attention to my edges on bigger water runs on boils and such, but I paddle mostly smaller rivers, so that could just be me.

Aric
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

delirious

Thanks Kirill and Aric for your input, since I have only heard good things about this boat, I'll drive down to Oakville and pick it up this week. Will probably be some learning curve for me coming from an Atom!

martin

keep the open side up!
C1Deli
C Boater

Well, I like it ...

Post by C1Deli »

The Deli is well behaved and graceful.

Works well for all sizes -- I am 17st / 240lbs but several rather titchy top UK C1 freestylers have been using a deli as well. Over a dozen C1ers I know of were using a deli last year (though some of them are now using sponsor's boats or more aerial-oriented craft like the Pop and Skip).

I think at 180 it would be really solid and stable and float you well, but of course getting the bow down will still be really easy.

My standard deli review:

Stable! It's wide, so stable, but the lozenge shaped hull means that the ends engage extremely well.

Forgiving! Never pearled on me once. Edges don't seem to catch much although I personally catch a few stern edges still, to be expected as it's almost a squirt boat for me ...

Solid! Super bomber constuction, not a hint of oil canning. Best plastic in the business by a long long shot.

Cheap! In the UK either £300 used or Prijon now do a school version with minimal kayak outfitting brand new for £400. You may even be able to buy an empty shell new.

Light! They quote 15kg and it certainly seems light, and my outfitting is lighter than the original kayak outfitting was as well.

Easy to outfit! I just have a foam seat and thigh console and a lap strap in the existing seat holes. No complicated hull supporting structures or bow and stern walls to worry about. You may need to carve away some of the thigh braces -- just a wood saw and file does the trick.

No footbumps! Not many kayakers can fit in it, but of course this makes it perfect for C1. Later models have some rather ugly footbumps added on by Prijon, so try to get hold of one without them (either special order from the factory or get a used one).

If you want aerial action, then try the delirium, which is a shorter deli with more thigh room and slightly faster front surfing ability(but tricky to back surf, apparently).

/edwin
______
More nonsense like this at
http://www.biothinking.com/paddle/
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Delirious

Post by NZMatt »

Gudday

I've paddled one of these before as a kayak....back before my conversion :) At 150lbs I found it pretty edgy until I got used to it, but since then I found it great. Of course, the first thing I ran in it was the Lower Yough at about 6 or 7 feet. :) I've since paddled far edgier boats...but I wonder how it'll be for your weight....it'll be fun, but it is going to be one hades of a learning curve from an Atom. Don't get frustrated though....it is an awesome boat ...I nearly bought one myself when first trying to get into Cboating, but ended up converting a kayak I traded for instead. So, I think it's an awesome boat, but it'll probably be a major handful initially both due to your weight and the change from an Atom to the Delirious.

Matt
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Bought the Delirious!

Thanks Guy's for your input! Well, I ad a look at it tonight and I bought it. All ill have to do now is fine tune the outfitting (it is already converted) and get out with it, paddle and learn!

martin

keep the open side up!
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Bought the Delirious!

Thanks Guy's for your input! Well, I ad a look at it tonight and I bought it. All ill have to do now is fine tune the outfitting (it is already converted) and get out with it, paddle and learn!

martin

keep the open side up!