Spring Armada-June 3,4, North Branch of the Potomac

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Brendan
C Guru

Armad updates

Post by Brendan »

Would someone please provide a bit of detail- for Friday, when and where are folks meeting? Gunst and I plan to drive to the Cheat and paddle the Narrows on Friday- what time are the squirters looking to be on the River?
Brendan
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Timing...

Post by PAC »

Meeting time question has been raised for Sat. AM for those traveling in from remote locations.

Adam, Dave, Neal other please correct me if I am wrong here....

If I remember correctly we meet at the red brick building next to the Savage bridge in between 10 and 11 AM. Just look for the vehicles with Cs and OCs and you will find the group.

Drop of vehicles at the take out and set up rides to the put in!

Remeber there is a cost of $2 per person at the put in!
" Whitewater releases from Jennings Randolph Lake tumble down a continuous gradient of sand stone ledges and cobbles providing Class I, II and III rapids in close succession and are comprised of waves and rollers up to six feet high. Short spells of calm water permit bailing, relaxation and swimming. Trip length is 7 miles. The launching area is located in the Barnum Whitewater Area (BWA). Parking and restroom facilities are available at the launch site. The Mineral County Parks & Recreation Commission has instituted a $2.00 per person fee for all individuals entering BWA on release dates."
Directions and other info can be found at http://americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/4029
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
jnorto01
C Guru

What's going on for Sunday

Post by jnorto01 »

I can't make it up for the main event on Saturday cause my band is playing at the Western Maryland Blues Fest in Hagerstown. I'm planning on coming up on Sunday to run the NB. Will anyone still be around. I'll most likely be in my Zoom. Jim
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

So, where and when are we meeting friday?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Times

Post by Sir Adam »

You've got it right PAC. Meeting times are as follows:

Friday - 10 am at PS Composites (assuming I hear back from Mary Kay that it's OK!)

Saturday - 10 am (ish) at the brick building near the takeout. The idea is to be up and putting on around 11....

Sunday - we'll just kind of meed up at the put in around 10-10:30 and run the first half of the trip (for those that have not paddled it before, there is a road along side the first half, so it makes a nice quick run and boat swapping before hitting the road home).

To answer DaveM's early Q, unfortunately I will not have any CBoats swag with me this time. I'd hoped to have a special sticker, or armada shirts, but for various reasons it didn't happen.
Keep the C!
Adam
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Now that we are two days out and things are arranged with our little baby girl, I shall be seeing y'all at the Cheat Narrows on Friday and the NBP. Boats I'll bring:
  • full-cut Viper
    modified-stern Atom
    no-volume plastic Groove (Riot prototype that got severely squashed)
Boats I can bring:
  • slalom c-2 from the "Bird Brothers" (the Soileau brothers) in case anyone wants to tandem down the NBP or Cheat (how 'bout you, PAC ? :o )
KNeal
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Pulling out in a few minutes. Cell # is 252-326-4057.
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

Don't know if you guys will see this today who are at the Armada; but, the Savage is running! 820 cfs natural flow over the spillway. :D
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

DARN :cry:
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Home again, home again, jiggety jig - home safe and sound.

I had an awesome time and it was great to see all of you guys and gals again.

Scott
kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Post by kenneth »

Adam and I are home safe and sound as well. 'twas a blast of a time!

My goal is to install/build photo gallery software for CBoats at the same time I'm flipping through this years Aramada pics so that we can have a nice way to see them all. Videos too! If anyone has any pics/vids they want to contribute just shoot them our way and I'll process them accordingly (you can email them to kenneth -AT- cboats.net).

Thanks for a great time!
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I to arrived home safe and sound. 21 C-1's on Saturday was quite impressive and just as many OC-1's and 2's. I really enjoyed watching Jay stir the soup at the play hole. Hope someone got that promo for Drakkar on tape.

till next
Jim
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"