XXX conversion?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

xxx

Post by PAC »

Jim that's a very nice and clean set up! I look forward to checking it out more closely for future conversion considerations.
I'll have my xxx there at the Armada as well and will see if I can get Big Al to bring his Foreplay to compare against it. Foreplay is more forgiving at the upper weight ranges as CDawg noted. Maybe MotorCity's (Kevin) will be there for sale then too! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Very nice! I really like adjustability...
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

jim, that's some very nice work!

....do those kayak thigh braces work for you in there? i had an x and just automaticly took those out. maybe i shouldn't have?
Larry
jnorto01
C Guru

thigh braces

Post by jnorto01 »

Hey Larry, Yes the thigh braces do work! They really help hold my knees down. I'm kind of average build - 170 and 5'11''. Guys with really stocky legs probably would not be able to use the thigh braces.I'm thinking of getting a XXX (which I'll get a butt kicking in). The thigh braces are quite a different design, much better for kayakers, but I'm not sure if they will work for C outfitting, although they are really adjustable. My girlfriend has a XXX and I have been threatening :wink: to tear the seat out. Jim
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

What do the thigh braces in the XXX look like? Scores had a different set up, maybe a later design? I took some pictures of a conversion that Jamie D'Ors (sp?) set up that made use of the thigh brace connection points :
[img]http://lh5.google.com/image/scott.broam ... lkhead.jpg[/img]
jnorto01
C Guru

XXX thigh braces

Post by jnorto01 »

From your picture it looks like the score and XXX may have the same system. Both have the adjustable bolt hole tabs. For kayakers Wavesport has the best outfitting on the market in my opinion. I'll try to get a pic of the stock thigh braces in the XXX and post it. Jim
huge
C Boater

XXX outfitting

Post by huge »

PAC, Jim,
Thank you for bringing your boats to the Armada. I appreciate the effort and will try to make it worth your while.

Nice pictures Jim! That is some first class outfitting and looks ultra comfey. One question though, how are your feet resting on the bottom of the boat? Splayed in or out or flat on your instep? I didn't see any foam on the bottom of the boat so was just wondering about that.

thx
huge
jnorto01
C Guru

feet

Post by jnorto01 »

My feet just sort of point backwards in line with my legs. Tops of my feet flat to the bottom of the boat. My ankles are pretty streched out. I found that I did not need ankle or toe blocks in this boat because I fit reallt tight in the outfitting and was comfortable without them. I do have ankle blocks in my OC-1s and in my Cruise Control. Jim