liquidlogic vision rocks!!!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Joey

liquidlogic vision rocks!!!!

Post by Joey »

so i just got my meat hooks on a vison 56. this boat is awsome. i cant say enough good things about it. i am very excited. to start, i am 5' 9" and 170 lbs. i think i am about dead middle of the weight range for the vision 56. prolly the best thing about this boat is that is really semetrical(for a kayak). its super ballanced on ends and is stable when vertical. this was all pretty much to be expected. having come out of a T-2 the ends are a little harder to throw, but not that much. the 56 has a lot of volume (56 gallons to be exact), but it doesnt look that big. i dont know where they put it all.
this boat really shines on a wave. its fast....... real fast. for those who havent seen the boat, it has rails(like on a surf kayak) in the sides. they are very subtle, but make a huge difference. all you have to do is drop a knee and the boat carves across the wave FAST. i have only been in the boat 3 times, and i am still trying to get used to it. the boat is just faster than i am. the other thing that i noticed is that the vision wants to be in the air. i can feel it every time i cut back, or try and bounce. the first day i was in it, i threw an air blunt without even meaning to.
even thought the vision is a great wave boat, it still rocks in a hole. as i said, is simetrical and really balanced. i can throw on both sides no problem. the ends a super controlled, and with as much volume as there is, its very retentive. and ohhhhh the loops. i got a bunch of loops in a very flush feature on the James. the first ones i threw were totally half flower butted because i didnt expect anything. before i knew it, i was sitting up right with a smile. i dont know what it is about the design, but it makes loops really easy. i cant wait to get into a better hole and see what it can really do.
the only draw back to the boat is that it is a little edgy. not as bad as you would expect from a boat with rails. i am also coming out of a t-2, so it may just be me getting used to another boat. other than that, i can think of anything i dont like. the plastic is great, the company rocks and the boat looks cool too. oh, and liquid logic will sell there boats without a seat, and with no holes drilled in it. so that might be worth looking into.
if anyone is in richmond and wants to try it out let me know ---- joey :D
allan
C Boater

outfitting room?

Post by allan »

Joey,

how have you setup the outfitting, and do you find that there is enough room around the cockpit to be kneeling?

I've only seen the boat once, but I thought that it looked like it had quite a small cockpit area... didn't seem to have much volume in the knee box area.

this might have just been an optical illusion though, becuase i saw the 56, and as you've said, it certainly doesn't look like it's got 56 gallons in it.

cheers,
-allan
Joey

Post by Joey »

no problem what so ever. actually, the fist time i got in it i felt like i was swimming. i had to do some re-outfitting, and it fits fine. i use knee cups, straps, and a lap belt. ---- joey
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

Sick dude, Mine vision 56 c1 is sitting in my backyard, i'll be getting it out next week in the ottawa area i can't wait!!!!! im 155lbs. i can't wait to rip it up.

oh Joey what did you end up usesing for your saddle hieght? im 6ft tall and end up usually having a bit of a shorter saddle in the tippier boats.
Drop Waterfalls, Not Bombs
grinner
Pain Boater

Post by grinner »

have you got any pics of the outfitting??
paddling a flooded canoe is easy. stopping is easy as long as you have some kayaks to help you stop.
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

I have these 2 on my computer from a while ago, they don;t really show the outfitting to well, if you want more detailed pics i can take some more.

I used an old bulkhead i had already, and didn;t have to much foam, so i had to get a little creative.

im not sure if i can link from my email account, let's try

[img]http://gmail.google.com/gmail?view=att& ... 33e8ae725c[/img]
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

here we go

Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

my lap belt isn't installed yet. and the fit is sooo tight. i have 32 inch inseam. and the trim is just about ceneted
allan
C Boater

Post by allan »

dam kevin.... that is one seeeexxxy boat. with some nice outfitting too.

hope to see you out on the ottawa... maybe i can give 'er a little try. ;-)

water down here in the GTA has finally run out... one more week of exams to slog through, then back to real rivers!

take it easy,
-allan
Joey

Post by Joey »

i really need to get up to the ottawa. im sure you will love this boat on some big features.

i guess the saddle is 6 inches. i just glue two pieces of three inch foam together and start carving. ill try and get some shots of the boat for people to see. its set up a lot like kevins.--- joey
grinner
Pain Boater

Post by grinner »

ok off topic but
wow you have snow

nice out fitting
paddling a flooded canoe is easy. stopping is easy as long as you have some kayaks to help you stop.
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

haha thanks guys, after going through and outfitting 4-5 boats i have finally got the hang of it!
ya if you ever see me paddling on the ottawa give me a holler, you can try it anytime. Champlain too, i hope to get alot of paddling in this season.

That snow pile inow half gone, it sits in the shade all day, oh and im in Thunder Bay ontario. (-40 winter's eh)

Can't wait to head home to ottawa !

If anyone is hitting up the ottawa or surronding area for paddling and looking for people to paddle with
kevindcook@gmail.com

any chance of a ottawa river armada?
Colin

step up...

Post by Colin »

Little bit of a step up from a king pin eh kevin, good thing you got rid of that thing on Ian :)

-just a friend of his heh... like yer boat though, dam sexy...

I just bought a Caddy last fall, got some snowboard ratchets on my thighs and planning on getting rid of my bulkhead for some more ratchets lower on my legs to hold me in... I'll try for some pics when i get home and start work on it.

-Colin