Need advice for a "Crash & Burn" or "Bloo

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Need advice for a "Crash & Burn" or "Bloo

Post by PAC »

Local Boy Scout group is having a Canoeing Camporee (flat water events) and a request was made to me for some videos to entertain them at night.

So far I have the IR "Are you going to eat that?" DVD which seems to have passed muster as far as content and language.

Any other good "Crash & Burn" or "Bloopers" DVDs I should look at (get loaned)?

The more carnage the better the entertainment factor - the kids are 11 to 17 years in age.

I have some very old bloopers, etc. on VHS but the quality video sux and the equipment is new.

Thoughts and tanks in advance!?!?!? Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Any internet access out there? Take a laptop and show them some Youtubes.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I hear you there Scott but some of the quality is spotty at best.

I was hoping someone had the DVD version of Tsunami Rangers Greatest Hits, or of that like!

Some of that geeze that's cool stuff! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

You could prescreen a list of youtubes - you would get a great variety and can filter out the dubya-ous. And it's free. With no shipping. And they get here internetaneously.

There are Tsunami Ranger clips out there, too you geezer. And Hee Haw Jones - don't forget Hee Haw Jones.
Big Al
CBoats Addict

dvd

Post by Big Al »

I can lend you the Paddlesnake double feature dvd - good carnage and lots of open boats.
Walsh
CBoats Addict

Whitewater Funhouse

Post by Walsh »

Paul,

Get a copy of the Blue Ridge Voyageurs' DVD Whitewater Funhouse. (I might be able to burn you a copy, but I need to check what my 'puter will and won't do.)

It's about 45 minutes of good, clean, G-rated-old-fart-open-boater carnage. Tandems getting munched in Big Nasty and that sort of thing.
FURZTROCKEN!
Louie

In 1990

Post by Louie »

"Uh Oh and Oh large steaming pile of dog doo" won 1 st place in the comedy catagory at the NPFF in Lexington. 95% open boats.
Louie

Just a dam minute

Post by Louie »

Uh Oh and Oh Large steamin pile of dog poop ain't the title "Uh On and Oh Sheit" is as close as I can get with out it bein changes. dam goverment censorship.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

thanks guys. I looked at doing the youtube thing but that is a bit labor intensive (I can do it but my home desktop will be in labor doing it).
I'll check out Whitewater Funhouse (Walsh if you could burn me a loaner copy :wink: that would be wonderful) - the more canoe action the better! Have to teach these kids the right way of boat'n!!

Louie sorry on the censorship but I have a 10 year girl starting to follow some of the posts and I don't want her becoming a kayaker ("just talking the talk and not paddling the "stuff""!)! 8)

Oh and from now on "snake" will replaced with "adhesive"! Just kidding! :)

Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Not Elvis
C Guru

Video Idea

Post by Not Elvis »

What about "We Designed 'Em" which is ALL C-Boats All The Time? I haven't watched my copy for quite some time and can't remember language rating... But since it's mostly Canucks, it can't be that vulgar, dang it.

It's like Weird Al said,

"Always hear the same kind of story
Break their nose and they'll just say "sorry"
Tell me what kind of freaks are that polite?
It's gotta mean they're all up to somethin'"

J, Eh?
President
Canucks Go Home
"Advancing Diplomacy with our Northern Neighbors"
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Are you only looking for carnage?

What about throwing in a copy of "Fast & Clean" for variety. It's a slalom classic and, in keeping with the recent Olympics, might just inspire some new C-boating marvel.

If you have trouble getting a copy, Davey & Jennifer Hearn still sell it in both VHS and DVD for $25.

John
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Had my test group (13 and 10 year olds) watch "We design'Em" and it was deemed as okay, but not up to par with what they would be interested in.
I also showed them the 1989 Worlds and Athens Olympics and they liked them but still felt that they were not on par with "Are you going to eat that?". So the more carnage (and bloopers) the better!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
edgar
c

Toxic Waters

Post by edgar »

Try the Toxic Waters DVD. It is not carnage, but above average video, with tons and tons of huge huge drops.

They will be too busy wondering how they survived all that without getting hurt to be bored.

Plus you dont want them thinking we cant hit our lines do you?

edgar
Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

Team C

Post by Eli »

Check out the Team C collection produced by Rick Gusic up in PA. Silent Thunder or Thunderballs should keep them entertained!
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Thanks Eli - unfortunately the rating on that is R++ or at least not something some of the more “ridged” leaders could deal with. :(
I think the boys would be howling.
Rick puts out a funny video (and is an overall nice guy as are the members of the team)! 8)
Definitely a good view for anyone with excellent carnage from paddlers that are NOT afraid to laugh at themselves. Just not boy scouts canoe camporee material!

PS: My kid loves it since he has paddled with most of those knuckle heads! And they can be even funner off camera! :wink: The rule is "Boy what is said on the river stays on the river!".
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator