CBoats calendar 2012 (and 2013... soon!)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

CBoats calendar 2012 (and 2013... soon!)

Post by Sir Adam »

As I flipped the page to December I came to two of my favorite images from last year's submissions. Great shots showing two different folks doing something we all enjoy.

We'll be making the decisions on who is in or out for 2013 tonight. No promises yet on when it will be up for sale, but we're getting there. Thank you all for your patience this year - with the latest edition to our household we weren't sure we'd be able to pull one together this year. A HUGE thanks goes to AdkSara for her persistence.

Thank you to all who submitted - BUT folks... let's get some more decked boat entries for next year, eh? We try each year to have a 50 / 50 split... but it's not looking like that will happen this year.
Keep the C!
Adam
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Re: CBoats calendar 2012 (and 2013... soon!)

Post by Bob Wiggins »

eh. open boats are better anyway, so its all good.
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Adam I have some sick shots of the C1 racers at this years Green Narrows race boofing hard but push come to shove with only a 3 pic limit for submissions, I'm gonna hold back the C1 for some pics of OC's. Maybe accept 3 pics per class type for 2014?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

:roll: Why some folks like to bail so much is beyond me :wink:

This was another tough year - we had a number of folks really step it up, both paddling wise and photography wise. We'll be keeping the "send only your best 3" for next year I think - made life much easier for us, and seems to have actually helped increase quality. Creeker has an excellent idea for modification though to help placate my desire to try and keep things balanced... and as has been the case for the last few years will be in the calendar himself with some epic paddling.

A shout out to Insolence in particular for how she's progressed as a photographer (and paddler)... and that she continues to be willing to share!
Keep the C!
Adam
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

adam - just remember - you only have to bail when you get water in your boat... and you only get water in your boat if you mess up ;)
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I'll admit a lot of OC1's are a lot more comfortable than a lot of C1's.

You do miss out on a lot of 3 dimensional moves though... but I tend to think like a cquirtest after all;)

It seems to me given the interest in pumps lots of folks must "mess up" a lot :lol:
Keep the C!
Adam
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Only women and people from Ohio use pumps.

Except Mr T Grips, who should just relocate anyways
Chris Loomis
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Sir Adam wrote:You do miss out on a lot of 3 dimensional moves though... but I tend to think like a cquirtest after all;)

It seems to me given the interest in pumps lots of folks must "mess up" a lot :lol:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Mostly pointing out that FullGnarlz anti-pump stance doesn't seem to hold for most of the community here:)

Looking back over the past year (as I tend to do pulling year-end things together for the site) I'm impressed how many new CBoaters are starting paddling as well as how many folks have found CBoats that have paddled for a while. I'm well aware lots more folk lurk here than are registered too - and that's fine by us (that's why the search feature works for all:) ). Seems like a more inclusive tone on the board these days too, which I'm a big fan of as long time members know. BUT I'm also aware folks like to have a little fun joking around too - and that includes me:)
Keep the C!
Adam
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Post by Wendy »

Chris, I guess women are smart enough to use pumps (after the rapid). At age 59 it keeps me in the sport. :lol:
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Hummmm Cheeks posted....
Only women and people from Ohio use pumps.

Except Mr T Grips, who should just relocate anyways
We'll I live fairly close to the boarder and well since it got cold I started to wear a skirt! But I'm okay with that! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!