boat conversions

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

c1mini

boat conversions

Post by c1mini »

does anyone have any ideas as to wich k1 boats are the best to convert to c1?? i was thinking of a liquid logic session
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I've tried a Session. I'm on the heavy side for it at 185-190lbs. It's tippy, but has decent speed for such a short boat. It really likes a steep wave too.

Which yaks make the best conversions? Ones with wide cockpit openings if you're wide like me. Liquid Logic, Wavesport & Perception are good. If you're skinny your list of practical boats is much longer 'cause you can fit into the Riots & Neckys.

Decide what you want to do with the boat & pick some hulls that suit those needs & is right for your weight. Then you can begin to narrow the field.
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

c boat conversion

Post by chuck naill »

We have a LL Hoss conversion and this design come is three sizes, i.e Hoss, Little joe, and Trigger. One nice thing about this design is a large un obstructed cock pit, high volume, river running and creek potential, and some play options. It might be possible to have one built without the kayak equipment. I can put you in touch with an outfitter if you are interested.

Chuck/Tennessee 8)
c14life
c

Post by c14life »

I have converted my LL Session and I love it. I am about 5'4'' 115 lbs. I am 16 years old and can cartwheel it with ease. It runs rivers nicely too. But it shines in the hole.
"Most do it on their butt, few do it on their knees." - Sean(me)
pete witucki
c

Post by pete witucki »

I converted a Wavesport EZ this summer, and I continue to be impressed with it. The EZ is (in my humble opinion) the best all-around kayak, and it seems a lot of these properties have translated to its reincarnation on a higher plane of existence (that is, as a C-1). At 5'8" and 145lbs, I can throw it down easily, it surfs like a champ, and runs rivers well. I've decided to convert another for our outing club here at UW-Madison-- it's great for kayakers to venture out of their comfort zone (stable but play-potential).

-pete
c1mini

Post by c1mini »

err eh? whats that got to do with it. anyway thanks everyone for ur suggestions. i managed to coff up some money and got two!!!yay two c1 boats. i have a riot orbit c1 and ll sesssion c1 and after some fiddling with fittings i love them both. thanks everyone